• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2013BlackSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 19, 2016, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: 2013BlackSHO on July 19, 2016, 06:47:25 PM
Two weeks ago at the local 1/8 mile...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaaMuL5VT8
Oh I bet he was pissed! Nice driving!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When I asked him if he wanted to run, he gave me the "this isn't worth my time" look...
Needless to say he didn't have a damn word to say after!!!
Torrie 93 3-Bar tune

Scott4957

Quote from: 2013BlackSHO on July 19, 2016, 07:01:09 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on July 19, 2016, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: 2013BlackSHO on July 19, 2016, 06:47:25 PM
Two weeks ago at the local 1/8 mile...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaaMuL5VT8
Oh I bet he was pissed! Nice driving!

When I asked him if he wanted to run, he gave me the "this isn't worth my time" look...
Needless to say he didn't have a damn word to say after!!!
Gotta love the 1/8th! Looks like grudge racing, just a win light? Do they even give you a time slip?

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Blackhawk

I almost messed with a 2013-ish Audi S8 today but had to turn off.  Glad I didn't, 11.9 bone stock!

2013BlackSHO

Quote from: Blackhawk on July 19, 2016, 07:02:50 PM
I almost messed with a 2013-ish Audi S8 today but had to turn off.  Glad I didn't, 11.9 bone stock!

Good thing you had to turn... My buddy has a G8 that runs dead with my car and got his ass handed to him on a highway pull by one of those!
Torrie 93 3-Bar tune

markssho

Quote from: 2013BlackSHO on July 19, 2016, 07:39:28 PM
Quote from: Blackhawk on July 19, 2016, 07:02:50 PM

Good thing you had to turn... My buddy has a G8 that runs dead with my car and got his ass handed to him on a highway pull by one of those!
I can't get those Audi boys to run with me, above it I guess, or don't expect a true challenge.... But, those BMW guys will try, now that's fun.
But, who would have ever thought a 'Taurus' even attempting a car almost 2x-3x the price....hehehe, love it!

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

bamsho

Had little fun last night at the track.  During open time shots, I ran against a newer GTO 6.0 stick car.  We lined up, light turns green.  I'm gone.  Keep looking out the side windows, never say him.  All he saw was Taurus taillights.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Heelfan1

Good kill...

Had a similar occurrence, we have a neighborhood (jackass) with a 06' GTO manual trans car with some bolt on's. Loud ass exhaust and this kid tears up the roads hauling ass everywhere. Laughed at me when I challenged him to race, but wasn't laughing after he got his butt handed to him. Wouldn't even come close to even say good run or piss off just turned tail and went the other direction. Needless to say every time I see him now I rub my eyes at him like I'm crying to rub it in. Gotta love a little arrogant smart a$$....
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

bamsho

Awesome, those are the best ones to beat!
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Heelfan1

Yeah the funny part I left out was that when I challenged him to race and he (giggled, that's what little girls do) I said well lets race for some $$$. He said $200 so I said lets make it $500. At this point he starts back peddling and give me the lets just race for fun lol....
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

Wardog692

So I just got back from Mexico for the first time. I even surprised myself tonight. 2 Mustang GTs wanted a go, one from a dig, one from a 20 roll. I took 'em both down by at least a car length if not more!
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

mystery101

Went to my local thursday meet, some dude was running his mouth about his prelude beating a friend of mine's rx8; I got tired of it and said "you wanna run my taurus"? All my friends know what my car is and went into fooling this kid into not even questioning what "SHO" stood for.

He asked if it had a v8. I laughed and said nah its FWD with a 3.5L v6 and stock(yeah right).. We make a run down to mexico for me to claim my $20 he bet without breaking a sweat, I think the last dig was the only time I went full throttle and launched on him which is why you couldn't hear the fart can anymore..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAvj7sCmmI

Video ripped from friends FB wall. Kinda near potato quality, but you get the idea..
2016 SHO- Ruby Red - Performance Pack (Mods: 170*F Thermostat, 3Bar Map, NGK .28 colder plugs, JLT PCV catch can, OBX downpipes, GEARHEAD e30 tune!)

salsathe4th

Quote from: mystery101 on August 14, 2016, 02:18:48 PM
Went to my local thursday meet, some dude was running his mouth about his prelude beating a friend of mine's rx8; I got tired of it and said "you wanna run my taurus"? All my friends know what my car is and went into fooling this kid into not even questioning what "SHO" stood for.

He asked if it had a v8. I laughed and said nah its FWD with a 3.5L v6 and stock(yeah right).. We make a run down to mexico for me to claim my $20 he bet without breaking a sweat, I think the last dig was the only time I went full throttle and launched on him which is why you couldn't hear the fart can anymore..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAvj7sCmmI

Video ripped from friends FB wall. Kinda near potato quality, but you get the idea..

His car's exhaust hurt my insides......not even a fair fight lol
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

mystery101

I know right? I couldn't help myself, all my friends were trying not to laugh. I just wanted my gas money XD..
2016 SHO- Ruby Red - Performance Pack (Mods: 170*F Thermostat, 3Bar Map, NGK .28 colder plugs, JLT PCV catch can, OBX downpipes, GEARHEAD e30 tune!)

markssho

Coming back from Cars & Coffee....(in Mexico)
Driving home, several miles from the event, sitting at stop light, a bright yellow, beautiful, Corvette, with carbon fibre ground effects package, pulled up beside me. I looked over and grinned, he nodded.
Rumble, growl, he pulled forward of the white line a full car length ahead of me, racing the engine.
Light turns green, roar from the Corvette, and I jump ahead. As I go by, he panics, he then lights up his rear wheels, spinning as I drive away. Just to rub it in, as I'm driving away, I put my arm out the window motioning him to come on... He sure sounded ferocious.
I watched in my rear view, as he made a U turn before the next light...hehehe.
I've got to get a GoPro.
(Power is only awesome if you know how, or have the equipment, to put it down.)

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

FistyMcgee

Quote from: Dave_Posts on December 06, 2013, 07:46:40 PM
I would have went right home and got those codes sent out.  Hopefully, you'll see that guy again and take him but good.

I used to have a stock Porsche 944 in the mid 2000's and would constantly have people in Lexus is250 cars (basically the base Lexus at the time try to race me on freeway and wonder how I could beat them in my old school Porsche.