• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 01, 2016, 08:50:26 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on July 01, 2016, 07:18:53 PM
Quote from: r1crusher on July 01, 2016, 05:57:31 PM

AJP...the speed limiter cut the ignition/fuel once I hit 140...and I got stuck there while he just kept right on walking me.  :(

Id want my money back
Lol, not everyone has a 200 revision custom tune like you do!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Well not yet.....

glock-coma

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 01, 2016, 09:48:58 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on July 01, 2016, 08:50:26 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on July 01, 2016, 07:18:53 PM
Quote from: r1crusher on July 01, 2016, 05:57:31 PM

AJP...the speed limiter cut the ignition/fuel once I hit 140...and I got stuck there while he just kept right on walking me.  :(

Id want my money back
Lol, not everyone has a 200 revision custom tune like you do!

Well not yet.....
5 down, 195 to go for me lol...
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Scott4957

Well on a brighter note, we shouldn't have any issue with a 3.6 Challenger LOL. I pulled up next to one tonight with a couple of young guys in it. The Lincoln is sooo sleepy, even throwing a few revs I had to jump it a bit after we left the light to get them to go haha. Needless to say it wasn't even close. We caught the next light and they had the windows down laughing about it. I gave the thumbs up and we went again, much worse the second time since we got to go from a dig. Still fun no matter what it is.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

r1crusher

I had thought that Torrie moved/removed the limiter in my tunes but I can't say for sure so.

Regardless I guess I really need to get off my but and get to data logging for a better tune from him OR just go pick up this really nice triple black '13 GT500 'vert I know is for sale.  :D  Nothing says ass whoppin' like 600+ factory hp.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

hawkeye93

The SCT tuner has an option to disable the speed limiter when you apply a tune.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

FoMoCoSHO

My tuner is a big meanie and gives me no options.

:D

hawkeye93

Do you have an X4?  I just reflashed today, and I have the option to remove the speed limiter.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

FoMoCoSHO

No options needed, my tune is customized to my specific requests.

avidmotion

Well I'd like to say I won but really I cant....saw a Toyota Tacoma truckTRD with all kinds of stickers and fat tires tear into a VW Golf R. I thought I'd give him a run for his money. I positioned myself next to him and he did not even look at me while I edged up at the light trying to provoke him. The SHO stealth was not helping me get this going. The light turned green and I punched it, but he did not come so I got out of it and it upshifted. Then I heard him and I knew I was in deep. I definitely heard a supercharger whine, I punched it again but it did not downshift and he just blew right by with a roar. Holy crap. I knew even if it did downshift I probably wouldn't have been able to beat him. I looked it up and a stock one runs 4.4 0 to 60 and 13.5 in 1/4 for a big full sized truck-stock. With all the stickers I suspect he was not stock. I am however bone stock 2013 PP. I will look for him or other TRD s when I get a tune. .....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

AJP turbo

Looks like you are in need of a tune avidmotion and it would've been no contest
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Scott4957

I finally got my first legit dig race tonight. I was out on the hunt and seen a 2002 SS Camaro at a light with a VERY loud exhaust and big shoes! I positioned myself to follow and got next to him at the next light. I wasn't going to let the opportunity pass, with his window down I let the Lincoln bounce off the rev limiter to get his attention. He had a grin on his face that said "not a chance in hell" As the yellow came on in the opposite lanes he brought the RPM's up, this thing was so loud I couldn't hear the quiet Lincoln and had to actually look at the tac as I did the same. We both launched at the exact same time and I immediately jumped out to a several car lead, he never looked like he was gaining ground. Lucky me we caught the next light, with the window down he was smiling even more than the first time, I asked if he wanted to go again and he nodded. Same result on the next run, pulled him really hard off the line and continued to put space between us until I let off. No clue what it had done other than huge shoes and a loud exhaust. Need to get that dash cam soon!

sholxgt

Nice take down!

I would kill for some dash cam action!  Maybe put it up under an assumed identity though?  LOL

I miss the days of living in an area where I could safely get some good runs.  Lived most of my life in S FL where everyday is like a day at the track.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Scott4957

No problem chewing up a 2010ish 6.1L SRT8 Challenger this weekend. Of course I was on a road trip and my dash cam over wrote the clip by 30 minutes before I could get to it. We didn't get a clean run, it was more of a taunting by me after a group of us where passed by said Challenger in a no passing zone on a winding back road. I didn't pick on him while he was passing, but a few minutes later after he had gone out of sight we came back up on him when he had to stop for a couple of cars turning left. We where both stopped and he gunned it after the cars in front of him cleared, imagine his surprise when I was glued to his ass up to about 80. I had to peddle the MKS to keep from bumping him, I thought better of going past 80 or passing him for safety reasons and so my group that was following me didn't lose me. Turns out the SRT was going the same place we were, so I made a point to park right next to him at the restaurant to rub it in a bit. LOL I think its time to get a 64gb card for the camera!

2013BlackSHO

Torrie 93 3-Bar tune

Scott4957

Quote from: 2013BlackSHO on July 19, 2016, 06:47:25 PM
Two weeks ago at the local 1/8 mile...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaaMuL5VT8
Oh I bet he was pissed! Nice driving!