• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Sooo on my way home tonight had a S7 Audio pop a motor trying to run me...

On 66W and I come up on him... slow down next to him curious if he wants to play... we both punch it... his car shifts down and the motor winds up.. then it just... died... white smoke everywhere...  he pulled over right quick....

I need to invest in a go pro..

SM105K

While I was out testing the new trans cooler, I was approached by a C63 AMG.  I really like those cars, but I want to say it was 2015 6.2 V8 non biturbo model. Couple of guys mid 30's rolling in it. They paced right near my passenger side rear door, which lead me to believe they were trying to figure out what my ol bull was. 

At around 70, he gets next to me, and I dropped it into sport mode.  Sure enough he gets on it.  Those AMG's sound so damn good.  However, I anticipated he wanted a run.  He jumped about a car (no gap) and around 90 mph were even.  I stayed in it to win it and after putting about 5 on him and still pulling I let off.  I immediately looked at the trans temp and it read 204.  It moved only 3 degrees in 107 degree heat.  It quickly recovered back to 200 degrees.  He ended up pulling off and kept on my way of getting information from my cooler. 

At the time, I didn't realize when I let off. I was focused on getting the car back down to freeway speeds and watching the trans temps.  With the Powerstop Junk pads they would fade pretty bad even after a hard braking high speed braking event.  However, with the new stock PP pads, they worked great.  No fade, and I was on them pretty hard. Upon reviewing my min and maxes on my Livewire, I let off at 137.8 mph.....opps.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

4sfed

Quote from: SM105K on June 22, 2020, 11:56:29 AM
While I was out testing the new trans cooler, I was approached by a C63 AMG.  I really like those cars, but I want to say it was 2015 6.2 V8 non biturbo model. Couple of guys mid 30's rolling in it. They paced right near my passenger side rear door, which lead me to believe they were trying to figure out what my ol bull was. 

At around 70, he gets next to me, and I dropped it into sport mode.  Sure enough he gets on it.  Those AMG's sound so damn good.  However, I anticipated he wanted a run.  He jumped about a car (no gap) and around 90 mph were even.  I stayed in it to win it and after putting about 5 on him and still pulling I let off.  I immediately looked at the trans temp and it read 204.  It moved only 3 degrees in 107 degree heat.  It quickly recovered back to 200 degrees.  He ended up pulling off and kept on my way of getting information from my cooler. 

At the time, I didn't realize when I let off. I was focused on getting the car back down to freeway speeds and watching the trans temps.  With the Powerstop Junk pads they would fade pretty bad even after a hard braking high speed braking event.  However, with the new stock PP pads, they worked great.  No fade, and I was on them pretty hard. Upon reviewing my min and maxes on my Livewire, I let off at 137.8 mph.....opps.

Imagine that!   ...Arizona heat, somewhere in Mexico.  What are the odds. ;)

Sounds like it was fun.
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

SM105K

Quote from: 4sfed on June 22, 2020, 12:38:01 PM
Quote from: SM105K on June 22, 2020, 11:56:29 AM

Imagine that!   ...Arizona heat, somewhere in Mexico.  What are the odds. ;)

Sounds like it was fun.

It was, however I don't like to run it up that fast.  Even though the freeways are sparse in Mexico because of the new C19 outbreak (whatever that means) I should have paid more attention to the the actual speed....my bad.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Michigan-SHO

This has me wondering, what's your biggest "kill" down there in Mexico? The one that made you look at your car different and think, well s***, I didn't expect to beat that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Shadow Black SHO non-PP. Bone stock...for now

SM105K

Quote from: Michigan-SHO on June 22, 2020, 12:48:13 PM
This has me wondering, what's your biggest "kill" down there in Mexico? The one that made you look at your car different and think, well s***, I didn't expect to beat that!

I really haven't had any big way out of my league kills.  From a dig most Hellcats, 5.0 Mustangs, anything decently quick I can dispatch of street light to street light. Over 90 to 100 mph that is when I run out of steam. 

Favorite Kill: Brand new paper plated 2019 (at the time) Jeep Cherokee SRT8.  We got after it at a street light and I ended up about 3 on him and let off around 80 mph.  Dude was pretty cool.  He rolled down his window and said, "Please tell me your SHO is tuned!!!"  I said, "Yeah on E30!".  He replied, " Good, I feel a lot better now!"

Biggest L:  Tesla P100D on Ludacris mode.  He actually picked on me.  He got next to me at a light and dropped his window.  I said, P100D on Ludacris mode?" He said, "Yep!".  I said, "This one is going to hurt!".  Drop of the light, and it was close...for about 100 feet.  Then it looked like I dropped a cruise ship anchor..and he drove out of my life. 

Michigan-SHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 22, 2020, 01:20:59 PM
Quote from: Michigan-SHO on June 22, 2020, 12:48:13 PM

I really haven't had any big way out of my league kills.  From a dig most Hellcats, 5.0 Mustangs, anything decently quick I can dispatch of street light to street light. Over 90 to 100 mph that is when I run out of steam. 

Favorite Kill: Brand new paper plated 2019 (at the time) Jeep Cherokee SRT8.  We got after it at a street light and I ended up about 3 on him and let off around 80 mph.  Dude was pretty cool.  He rolled down his window and said, "Please tell me your SHO is tuned!!!"  I said, "Yeah on E30!".  He replied, " Good, I feel a lot better now!"

Biggest L:  Tesla P100D on Ludacris mode.  He actually picked on me.  He got next to me at a light and dropped his window.  I said, P100D on Ludacris mode?" He said, "Yep!".  I said, "This one is going to hurt!".  Drop of the light, and it was close...for about 100 feet.  Then it looked like I dropped a cruise ship anchor..and he drove out of my life.
If only I could afford the insurance and price of a P100D.... the model 3 is no slouch either though.

SM105K

I really want a piece of the Tesla 3 Dual Motor.... 

Michigan-SHO

450/470 awd and instant acceleration. Downfall is how much they weigh 5,000+ lbs.
It would be a great race from a dig with "M".

SM105K

Quote from: Michigan-SHO on June 22, 2020, 01:41:07 PM
450/470 awd and instant acceleration. Downfall is how much they weigh 5,000+ lbs.
It would be a great race from a dig with "M".

They have more HP +50, I have more TQ +30.  M weighs 4520 with me in the Captain's Chair.  So if the 3 weighs 5000 to 5300 lbs driver included, I have a 480 to 700 lb weight advantage.....

M should take the W if I am up on the wheel.

Michigan-SHO

If it wasn't electric motors then I would say your SHO would win 9/10 times.
That being said, it is electric and that means no RPM buildup, no gear changes(or do they have a two speed?) and no turbo lag.

That's the kind of race I would pay admittance for every time.

SM105K

Quote from: Michigan-SHO on June 22, 2020, 02:03:33 PM
If it wasn't electric motors then I would say your SHO would win 9/10 times.
That being said, it is electric and that means no RPM buildup, no gear changes(or do they have a two speed?) and no turbo lag.

That's the kind of race I would pay admittance for every time.

My SHO has cut a 1.77 sixty foot completely stock suspension and tune only.  That set up on the street on my LiveWire went 4.4 seconds 0 to 60 mph.   New TQ mounts, rims, and new tires, and my mods, went 4.03 seconds 0 to 60 mph on the street with my LiveWire.  I need a Draggy!   

They claim the Dual Motor 3 goes 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds.  I wonder if they spin much?  Either way, it should be close.

GotGrip?

I've raced a dual motor Model 3, on the street they don't spin much if at all. They are quick off the line but they run out of steam on the mid/high end.
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)