• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kill of the Day: Ecoboost vs. the World

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 05, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: 65460 on December 06, 2013, 07:15:17 PM
Well, I got my azz handed to me.....TWICE by a Lexus. I didn't catch the model, but I should have since he walked twice me pretty badly from about 70mph.
That never would have happened with my WRX.
I received my MYCAL from LMS but its so darn cold I haven't even gotten the codes to send them

The guy in the Lexus did!  :black_eye:... get your codes... :dance2:  ...You know he's runnin' a tune, I haven't had a Lexus eat me up yet (and I can't tune until Jan)... and then you won't either!  :thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Josephm

I got stomped from a roll by a 10' Mazdaspeed 3 and it was my brother so that it made it even worse.... I keep telling him, we need to do it from a stop.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

TSS

I don't think there is any Lexus thats going to walk a tuned SHO...is there?..except for an LF-A.   
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Josephm

is-f has a 5.0 in it, i think. 4.6 60mph time. I am sure it can hang

http://www.lexus.com/models/ISF/explore/
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

steve142857

Quote from: Josephm on December 06, 2013, 08:26:15 PM

I beat one on a Saturday afternoon on the 1/4 mile. I ran 12.22 at 114mph With my 2010 with 1.85 60 ft. He ran 12.88 at 110mph with a 1.93 60ft.
So about the equivalent of a tuned SHO without meth...
I'd like to try a LS-F when I get the XV1.
My guess is that onthe first 1/8 mile he'd be wtf!!! Lol
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

BiGMaC

Quote from: steve142857 on December 06, 2013, 10:12:01 PM
Quote from: Josephm on December 06, 2013, 08:26:15 PM

I beat one on a Saturday afternoon on the 1/4 mile. I ran 12.22 at 114mph With my 2010 with 1.85 60 ft. He ran 12.88 at 110mph with a 1.93 60ft.
So about the equivalent of a tuned SHO without meth...
I'd like to try a LS-F when I get the XV1.
My guess is that onthe first 1/8 mile he'd be wtf!!! Lol

Yay!!!! EB Pride preserved!!   :sun:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

JMR76

I've found that if I drive easy for a while and don't WOT for some time, then when I get on it of a sudden, the car seems to hold back.  Adaptive learning?  I now try to WOT a few times pretty often just to be ready- just in case -- In Mexico of course.
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

BiGMaC

Quote from: JMR76 on December 06, 2013, 10:51:04 PM
I've found that if I drive easy for a while and don't WOT for some time, then when I get on it of a sudden, the car seems to hold back.  Adaptive learning?  I now try to WOT a few times pretty often just to be ready- just in case -- In Mexico of course.

Such control!  On non-residential streets I now go WOT to 55-60 at almost every red light where i'm the first car (when it turns green of course.. :rofl2:)

DJE624

You could try this:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=299.msg2313#msg2313

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on December 06, 2013, 11:00:38 PM

You could try this:

Great info Dave... Thanks for linking it!  :thumbsup:

DJE624

Thanks.  I still never tried it since way back in June but, it's worth a shot.

SHOdded

Looks like IS-F has $20K higher base price tag AND 600 lb lower curb weight (a couple hundred over the Gen2 ATX SHO).  Nice to beat that, Steve!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

steve142857

Quote from: DJE624 on December 06, 2013, 11:00:38 PM
Interesting info Dave, thanks. However, with the way I drive the car, I don't want the car to forget how it needs to be driven...
When I bougt it as a demo from the president of my dealer who had been driving it for a few months like a real grand father (he is 75y/o), I swear that when I wot it, the car had forgotten it had turbos, really!!!
Now, if somone would take mine, it is the opposite, it is very prime and just waiting to be "wotted"!

You could try this:

2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

68_GT

Quote from: DJE624 on December 06, 2013, 11:08:05 PM
Thanks.  I still never tried it since way back in June but, it's worth a shot.

Resetting the Adaptive Driver Memory ? lot of info found in Google but not for our cars. I sent you a pm with the info I found but it was for BMW's. I wonder if it would work for our cars. My wife put puts around in my SHO almost daily to her 5:00am cross fit class. I'd love to erase her driving habits from the car, but it seems like my ture would turn that off, or not allow that ? Then again who posted in a datalog that it showed his SHO was 88% at wide open throttle ?? just saw that somewhere prob that thread you linked.... may need a new thread on this ??
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

PM received and answered. For sure 68.  I think a thread would be great to compile our knowledge of resetting throttles, transmissions, TPMS and whatever else.  Maybe a couple of our Ford guys and "pro" mechanics will offer some info.