• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AUdio Control Module Self-Diagnostic Mode

Started by dalum, December 01, 2013, 02:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalum

Browsing around my '13 workshop manual I found this test mode.  I can't remember if I've seen this or not on here and I thought someone might be interested in it if not.

Audio Control Module (ACM) Self-Diagnostic Mode
NOTE: If the Audio Control Module (ACM) is completely inoperative (does not power up), the part number decal on the Audio Control Module (ACM) chassis can be used to attain the ACM part number.

Turn the ACM on.
Operate the audio system in radio tuner (AM/FM) mode.
Press and hold the eject button, and within 1 second, press the seek up button until the speaker walk-around test begins.
The display indicates each speaker as it is tested.
NOTE: If the speaker walk-around test is the only test required, this procedure can be stopped after Step 3 by turning the ACM off or by selecting exit using the touchscreen.

Once the speaker walk-around test is complete, the following information is available through the "BEZEL DIAGNOSTICS" menu using the audio system control buttons:

NOTE: The AHU Diagnostics refers to the ACM and EFP Diagnostics refers to the FCIM .

Menu 
     Sub-Menu 
APIM Diagnostics 
     Part Numbers 
     Software Versions 
     Configuration Status 
     GPS Information 
     Tones Test 
     Rear Tones Test 
     Touch Screen Calibration 
     Touch Screen Activation Test 
     Display Test Pattern 
     RGB Pixel Test 
     Exit Diagnostics 
AHU Diagnostics 
     AHU Part Numbers/Sirius ESN 
     Radio Signal Strength 
     Exit Diagnostics 
EFP Diagnostics 
     EFP Part Number 
     Exit Diagnostics 

To exit the self-diagnostic mode, turn the ACM off.
2013 Non-PP SHO

BiGMaC

IS it purely diagnostic... or can we adjust the configurations?  TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

dalum

I haven't tried it yet but I assume its just diagnostics. 
2013 Non-PP SHO

TSS

FYI:   For 2010 to 2012 MKS/SHO....you get there by pressing and holding the  3 and 6 radio pre set buttons at the same time for about 6 seconds. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Gjkrisa

Would anyone happen to have the process for 2016 Taurus I can't get this to work

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 26, 2017, 02:49:59 AM
Would anyone happen to have the process for 2016 Taurus I can't get this to work

Nevermind​ guess I was pressing it wrong or not a long enough from eject to seek

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder