• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Feels like the transmission is slipping

Started by curry67, November 30, 2013, 08:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

No Problem.  Mine weren't actually touching the block.  There was also a little rack tied to a knob under one of the pipes.  I still want to wrap them next time I'm in there.

Curry-No, that's what they should have run up further.

BiGMaC

BTW... VERY clean engine DJ!! Looking good!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

markssho

Curry67....did those fixes resolve the issue you were having?
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

04goat

Flashing check engine light means you have a misfire, nothing to do with the trans.
Toys: 2004 M6 Barbados Blue GTO w/mods - Sold
1937 Ford stake truck  My great grandfathers truck

Drivers: 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition
2010 SHO, 402b, contour seats, nav, & 20's

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: 04goat on December 11, 2013, 08:10:22 AM
Flashing check engine light means you have a misfire, nothing to do with the trans.

That was my opinion earlier as I have seen that same situation and car stumbles during misfire.   I changed out my plugs to cooler ones and to .30 gap and haven't had any issues since.  Saw this situation both when not tuned and once when tuned.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

melc

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 11, 2013, 10:13:17 AM
That was my opinion earlier as I have seen that same situation and car stumbles during misfire.   I changed out my plugs to cooler ones and to .30 gap and haven't had any issues since.  Saw this situation both when not tuned and once when tuned.

Bob,

Can you provide the part number of the plugs you used? Don't they usually come pre-gapped from the factory?

Thanks,
2011 Black SHO PP
Livernois and Unleashed 91 octane tunes
Unleashed W/M system
Auxiliary trans cooler
AirAid CAI Eiback Springs LED lamps inside

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: melc on December 11, 2013, 11:19:51 AM

Bob,

Can you provide the part number of the plugs you used? Don't they usually come pre-gapped from the factory?

Thanks,

NGK LTR71X-11   6510   Purchased on Amazon.  These are the same plugs that BPD used.

I re-gapped to .30  You need to be careful when changing the gap, but a few firm taps usually does it, combined with gauge.

Previously I used stock plugs  and used them pre-gapped.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

BiGMaC

Quote from: 04goat on December 11, 2013, 08:10:22 AM

Good to know that the tune isn't the root cause.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

curry67

Where exackly is that wire do i have to take off the cover?
Its the weirdest feeling it just like sorta skips sometimes its hard to show someone cause sometimes i cant get it to do it and it runs amazing. Ive noticed the engine doesnt sound the greatest at idle im thinking of just changing the plugs and wiring will fix both things.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!