• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just Installed Tune: 91 Octane Livernois on 2013 SHO

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, November 27, 2013, 03:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: Fast SHO on December 02, 2013, 02:00:49 PM
^You get your money back?
No, i have not asked for a refund. They are currently working on a fix for the issue from what they have told me, so i am awaiting the fix. Hopefully they get it nailed down soon.
2014 XSport

JMR76

I've been running the LMS 93v7 for a couple weeks on 2013 SHO and it seems to be running great.  Yes , once in a while, it does have a hesitation on WOT before the engine is warm.  For me, it's only for the first minute or two after starting in cold and it's not all the time.  It is definitely less that 93v6. 
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

Fast SHO

2014 SHO PP

ivofe

Hey JMR76 are those Denso's a colder plug than stock? Thinking about installing them to try to make the hesitation I am getting less frequent.
2014 SHO Non-PP Tuxedo Black
LMS Tune
Air Raid CAI
170 Stat

JMR76

Quote from: ivofe on December 04, 2013, 02:34:52 AM
Hey JMR76 are those Denso's a colder plug than stock? Thinking about installing them to try to make the hesitation I am getting less frequent.

Yes they are 1 step colder.
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

68_GT

I have the 93V7 tune and my 2013 does some weird stuff here and there too. The V7 tuned seemd to raise my shift points or rev limiter but that was all I could tell it did for me.

I do believe I'm getting some spark blow out that I plan to address this week I'm just not sure if I want to regap my stock plugs to .30 or put in a different plug while I'm at it.

The most annoying thing my SHO does is sometimes when I floor it at low speeds and it downshifts to 1 then it shift up to 2nd no problem but going to third it'll hit the rev limiter and shut the car down. Anthony @ LMS believed its the TC detecting tire slip at the shifts and if I plan to go wide open throttle (WOT) then I should turn the TC off first. I think thats silly. I think it has more to do with the car loosing traction at the downshift into 1 but then acts up at the 2-3 shift point, (but not every time either). My wife drives the car too and I know she floors it here and there too I don't want to tell her to turn the TC off when she gets in the car becasue of the tune. And sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't I can't figure out the pattern I guess it depends on the amount of traction it looses somewhere. And sometimes it gets wheel hop at the shifts and sometimes it doesn't. I think it's annoying I don't want to spin the tires at the shift so Anthony suggested I soften up my shifts. I held off to play with it some but I can't figure out the pattern. Yesterday while driving the car and it was completely warmed up when going about 90% throttle from 2-3 shift it was like the car gut stuck at about 6,200 rpms and was hesitating like it couldn't accelerate to the shift point then it finally did shift up then the car pulled hard going into 3rd.

all kind of annoying but when I talked to Anthony about al this he explained the tunes as somewhat a work in progress at LMS. Apparently they are constantly working on these tunes and dealing with the different variables that come up with cracking the computer programming that Ford put on these car. It seems like they're basically hacking into the cars ECU to upload the OEM program with no manual from Ford as to why certain systems affect other systems under all the various different circumstances. Theres a lot of different complicated things going on all at once with these cars with very little support becasue of the complexity and newness of these vehicles to what they are doing, and they want to provide something for everyone that will be safe on the car. Sounds complicated. Seems like it is what is since there's not as many people tuning SHO's as there are Mustangs and Camaros etc....

personally I've just been sitting back waiting on the Xv1 tune to see if that is the fix all tune across the board with even better performance with the added boost in the higher rpms. According to Anthony they make changes to the tunes such as the newly released V7 tunes based on what they experience with the test vehicles they drive, and they are putting a lot of work into the upcomming Xv1 tune before they will release it to the masses which explains the wait. Crossing my fingers for them to get the power / driveability / reliability / consistence / engine safety 110% right on with the XV1. I dont care what supporting mods I need for it just give me a list of what I need to go with it if that will get it perfect.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

68_GT

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 30, 2013, 03:57:24 PM
And I don't know if it could be connected but i will throw it out there....

My car (stock) has always had an issue going WOT at 25. The car downshifts to 1st and sometimes when the power hits everything briefly shuts down. (adding E-85 seems to fix it) I will be sure to note what RPM that would be next time I am out.
you're putting E85 in your tank ?! how does that work are you mixing your fuels like adding an octane booster ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

ivofe

Thanks JMR76 I'll give them a try, running out of options here.
LMS Tune
Air Raid CAI
170 Stat

ivofe

OK so LMS sent me an updated file, I will load and report back with results. BTW I did install 1 step colder plugs, which did not help.
LMS Tune
Air Raid CAI
170 Stat

ivofe

I recieved a test tune from LMS. It made the condition better but did not fix the 4500 rpm hesitation. What is weird it only seems to do it when you floor it and downshifts at approx 60 MPH. Thats where the downshift lands is 4500 it hesitates then goes. Weird. Doesn not seem to do it from a dead stop or slower speed.  Wrote back to LMS see what they come up with .
LMS Tune
Air Raid CAI
170 Stat

68_GT

have you done anything with your spark plugs ? have you tried to put your stock tune back in to see if the problem goes away ?

Livernois Motorsports

For those of you with this issue, it had came to our attention that some of our customers have some issues with a stumble that only became present to those using winter blend fuel in colder climates. After thorough testing, both with our own vehicles, and select testers we have devised a solution for this unique issue. This update completely addresses this issue for those exhibiting it. Please send an email in to info@livernoismotorsports.com if you have been experiencing this condition. For those of you lucky enough to be in warmer climates, this update is not necessary. We appreciate everyone's patience with this.