• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just Installed Tune: 91 Octane Livernois on 2013 SHO

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, November 27, 2013, 03:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 30, 2013, 03:51:27 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on November 30, 2013, 11:00:00 AM
Be warned, this is purely speculation on my part.  So far there are whispers of fueling problems (and Livernois is reportedly looking into this).  Whether the stock system is literally out of capacity, or whether the ECU is throttling the system (cutting the throttle/turning off injectors, etc.) to stay within safe boundaries (prevent detonation, safeguard the transmission) has not been publicly/firmly established with repeatable logging.  EBB uses a Boost-A-Pump on his Flex.  4DR Mike set up an aux fueling system to increase capacity for the HP (700+ AWHP) he was trying to achieve.

Until the system flow capacity is proven to be a problem, I'd look at the tune tables to make sure that all the i's are dotted and t's crossed for the conditions the vehicle is expected to encounter.  This is a problem you run into in computer programming all the time, you have to handle all cases, however you choose to do it.  Maybe in this case the full throttle scenario has not been fully tested before implementation.

Why would they be out of fuel on 2013 when they have more fuel available than 2010-12?

Why wasn't that caught in the development process?

Any 2013 Torrie tunes having the issue?

I can't speak for the Torrie tunes but i know Lund had the same problem. They fixed it on the DD tune but not the SS tune last i had heard.
2014 XSport

FoMoCoSHO

And I don't know if it could be connected but i will throw it out there....

My car (stock) has always had an issue going WOT at 25. The car downshifts to 1st and sometimes when the power hits everything briefly shuts down. (adding E-85 seems to fix it) I will be sure to note what RPM that would be next time I am out.

SHOdded

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 30, 2013, 03:57:24 PM
... (adding E-85 seems to fix it) ...
Interesting observation.  Definitely keep an eye on the AFR before and after.  What octane are you running (and I am presuming E10)?  Maybe the combustion is too hot?  Maybe the E-85 cools it to an appropriate temperature?  Which would lead to a colder spark plug discussion/solution.  If we could monitor the flame front, that would provide valuable data too.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 30, 2013, 05:45:25 PM
... (adding E-85 seems to fix it) ...
Interesting observation.  Definitely keep an eye on the AFR before and after.  What octane are you running (and I am presuming E10)?  Maybe the combustion is too hot?  Maybe the E-85 cools it to an appropriate temperature?  Which would lead to a colder spark plug discussion/solution.  If we could monitor the flame front, that would provide valuable data too.
Shell 93 (E0)

When I first go the car I thought it was TC, but sometimes the light blinks when it happens and sometimes not.

Fast SHO

Got my tuner in the mail.  Now waiting for LMS to unlock it and send me a 4+ for 93!
2014 SHO PP

DJE624

Quote from: Fast SHO on November 30, 2013, 08:15:21 PM
Got my tuner in the mail.  Now waiting for LMS to unlock it and send me a 4+ for 93!

Sounds good!  You're gonna love it.

TouchOfEvil

And I don't know if it could be connected but i will throw it out there....

My car (stock) has always had an issue going WOT at 25. The car downshifts to 1st and sometimes when the power hits everything briefly shuts down. (adding E-85 seems to fix it) I will be sure to note what RPM that would be next time I am out.
I own a Sport but stock i've never had any problems. I ran the torque video app several times and pressure just climbs and climbs on the stock tune. Even on downshifts it's a solid performer the whole time.
I have had the wrench and shut down deal a few times but only when tuned. It was on a 1-2 shift each time and it got a violent wheelhop and it killed power for a second or two. The only other time was trying to launch at max stall speed, it went to launch and killed power instead. Only happened once at launch and twice on the 1-2 shift.
2014 XSport

Fast SHO

Seems more people are posting in that thread about possible problems with the tune.

Has me worried.
2014 SHO PP

ivofe

I have been having issues with my tune. LMS sent me a 93 Test tune to try and it was a lot worse. So back to the 93V7 for now.  I ordered a 1 step colder plug and will let you guys know if that fixes it or not.
2014 SHO Non-PP Tuxedo Black
LMS Tune
Air Raid CAI
170 Stat

SRT82ECOBOOST

I have had a couple of opportunities to wring out this tune and I am experiencing none of the problems that are others are speaking of. Cars is running great under WOT in all conditions.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Fast SHO

Well, I emailed them and they said there shop car has the same issue but that they think it is safe.
2014 SHO PP

Fast SHO

They just replied to another email I sent.

Apparently they think it is fuel issue, not a FUELING ISSUE.  They think the fuel system for the SHO is ok and that the hesitation has something to do with the fuel in the winter.
2014 SHO PP

BlueSHO

My 13 Sport has been fine. Not sure what the difference if any between the Sports and SHO's..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: Fast SHO on December 02, 2013, 09:09:13 AM
They just replied to another email I sent.

Apparently they think it is fuel issue, not a FUELING ISSUE.  They think the fuel system for the SHO is ok and that the hesitation has something to do with the fuel in the winter.
That is the go to excuse they use. If you can spare 30 bucks and have a smart phone or tab you can datalog and see for yourself if the FRP is the issue for you.
Other then that you can try what they suggest, go to the 91 octane tune.
For me not a single tune they sent me works, they all have FRP issues. Winter gas is not the problem "at least for me" i even ran race fuel for a tank and it did not help.
2014 XSport

Fast SHO

2014 SHO PP