• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Does less, equal more?

Started by bpd1151, November 26, 2013, 05:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

So, was a little bored today, and with the next 7 days or so, calling for nothing but sunshine and cold temps here in Chicagoland, I decided while washing up the SHO in the garage, to remove all of those freak'n decals off from the entire rear windshield.

What does the community think? Does less equal more in this case?

Thanks in advance for any comments to the above stated question. :thankyou:

Frozen Taurus

Yes in most cases less decals is better .... unless you are sponsored
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

SHOdded

Intriguing.  Menacing.  Razor's Edge.  Just a few adjectives to flesh out the effect of the change.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Much, much better.  Don't stop now!

BiGMaC

Definitely an improvement! No longer any distractions from the other aesthetic mods, especially the rear window spoiler and color scheme.   :clap:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

So much cleaner...

And the remaining one is tasteful and classy.

It's perfect.

FoMoCoSHO

What is under your spoiler in the middle?

crash712us

Yes! I like it Mike, the rear was starting to get cluttered.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SwampRat

OH Oh  ..... something tells me my SHO must go ... been thinkin about takin it off too
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: kbeck59 on November 26, 2013, 08:47:37 PM
OH Oh  ..... something tells me my SHO must go ... been thinkin about takin it off too

I love the black, just not the size...

TSS

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 26, 2013, 08:41:33 PM
What is under your spoiler in the middle?

Thats the rear camera on 2010 to 2012.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

SwampRat

Mikes is cleaner lookin decal less .........

What I meant to say was I should probably remove the  BIG SHO on MY  front  Windshield
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 26, 2013, 05:32:33 PM
So, was a little bored today, and with the next 7 days or so, calling for nothing but sunshine and cold temps here in Chicagoland, I decided while washing up the SHO in the garage, to remove all of those freak'n decals off from the entire rear windshield.

What does the community think? Does less equal more in this case?

Thanks in advance for any comments to the above stated question. :thankyou:

#1.. WE CAN'T SEE THE FRONT OF YOUR CAR FROM THESE PIX!!!

#2.  My son really likes the rear window spoiler on your SHO.. He wants him (1) and me (2) to get them for our G8's..

SO.. I have no reasonable opinion on your LIVERNOIS decal removal...   

But... you don't want my UNreasonable opinion Mike!!!!  LOL LOL...
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

bpd1151

I was pretty clear in what decals I removed.

As well as from where. :popcorn:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

steve142857

Good move. It looks very nice. We notice more the real spoiler too and even the sponsor decals on the rear sides look kinda sexy... Especially with the lady beside like in your signature pic! Lol
Nice ride Mike!
If I remember well, it was a decal of the SHOcago club or sometgig like that right? I can't see the pic while I am writing now, but maybe you could put a frame for your license plate with shocago on it?
Anyways looks good man!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid