• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OEM Stereo Upgrade: JL Audio or Alpine

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, November 25, 2013, 06:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: Kolk1 on December 22, 2013, 01:05:39 PM
Probably full fiberglass just layed out into the trunk. Not really much plans lol.

I'm just being lazy....  :wheelchair: but i'd still buy the boxes!   :peace:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Kolk1

Yea, im so slammed at work building other peoples cars, I dont want to spend my only time off doing a fiberglass trunk. I also hate doing fiberglass. Luckily my shop doesnt allow it since we dont have good enough ventilation for it to pass our insurance. LOL

Dxlnt1

Quote from: Kolk1 on December 22, 2013, 10:03:18 AM
How much would your buddy sell 2 more of those boxes for? Im currently using those same subs. But its winter, and cold, and im too lazy right now to build my own boxes. lol

I will check with him for prices for boxes only. He usually builds all right on spot in case of varying measurements and such. But he would have to take mine out to copy. Doable. His Web site,

http://www.audioxcellence.net and a couple projects on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioxcellence

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

BiGMaC

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 22, 2013, 08:08:57 PM
How much would your buddy sell 2 more of those boxes for? Im currently using those same subs. But its winter, and cold, and im too lazy right now to build my own boxes. lol

I will check with him for prices for boxes only. He usually builds all right on spot in case of varying measurements and such. But he would have to take mine out to copy. Doable. His Web site,

Me2 please... TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Dxlnt1

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 22, 2013, 08:16:33 PM

Me2 please... TIA

I really cranked system today. Hits hard. Can't say enough about the head unit. Dies everything except....... Well it does a lot.

Spoke to installer today. He said prolly easier to go to local shop and have them copy. But he would build the 2 boxes for $500 plus shipping.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 21, 2013, 11:22:36 PM
Full Alpine system installed. Replaced door speakers with Alpine type r. Installed 2-10" subs type s in trunk. Factory amp used to power factory subs and surround speakers. (Front & rear deck).

Head unit is Alpine INE-W927HD. Killer unit. Killer features. Killer sound. This unit much faster than previous Kenwood units I used.

Scosche adapter kit makes everything flow seemlessly in cabin. Looks like factory install. Scosche could have done better to match panel colors but overall looks great. Because of this I can't do gage pod install now maybe by summer.

The screen about the climate controls, was that from the SHO before install? I bought the same Scoshe kit, but my SHO has nav...
Thanks!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 23, 2013, 06:16:59 PM

Me2 please... TIA

I really cranked system today. Hits hard. Can't say enough about the head unit. Dies everything except....... Well it does a lot.

Spoke to installer today. He said prolly easier to go to local shop and have them copy. But he would build the 2 boxes for $500 plus shipping.
What kind of video inputs does this unit have and does it defeat the factory no video while moving nanny?

I would really like to run Torque and Dash Command on the main screen.

Also, I may have missed it, but does it work with factory NAV?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 23, 2013, 06:16:59 PM

Me2 please... TIA

I feel like that is an excellent value.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: nickstewartroc on June 10, 2015, 09:17:34 AM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 21, 2013, 11:22:36 PM
Full Alpine system installed. Replaced door speakers with Alpine type r. Installed 2-10" subs type s in trunk. Factory amp used to power factory subs and surround speakers. (Front & rear deck).

Head unit is Alpine INE-W927HD. Killer unit. Killer features. Killer sound. This unit much faster than previous Kenwood units I used.

Scosche adapter kit makes everything flow seemlessly in cabin. Looks like factory install. Scosche could have done better to match panel colors but overall looks great. Because of this I can't do gage pod install now maybe by summer.

The screen about the climate controls, was that from the SHO before install? I bought the same Scoshe kit, but my SHO has nav...
Thanks!

This is the before pic and after pic. The factory NAV will go away. As the purpose of this unit is to replace OEM head unit. SO you will lose factory NAV, and SYNC as that is all controlled and interfaced through the head unit. And yes, has video bypass to allow playing of video while car in motion.

Alpine INE-927 HD, As for video inputs, this particular units video is via 3.5mm plug which gets used in conduction with usb. An adapter meshes them together for iPod 30 pin, but can be split apart for any video. Can probably add this adapter to make it easy for just video input.

The newer model (Alpine INE 957 HD) has same connections, but adds HDMI video input. The HDMI does NOT support sound so you will have to use the usb connection for that. But very doable. I am considering swapping the 957 model from my truck to install into SHO. Mainly for the HDMI but also notice the music icon is larger on 957.

As for the value, I have a classified ad on here where I was considering selling my current sub boxes. Either with or without the speakers. (Type S Alpine). I was going to have 12" subs installed. So if anyone is interested in these boxes, let me know. Make a reasonable offer and I will consider it. But I have system tuned to sound great now. But the 12"s would make it awesome!

nickstewartroc

Thanks for the pics! It was just as I feared though... When I said I have nav, I meant the full touch screen. The problem I will have is that with the non-nav touch screen cars, such as yours, you have the little screen that transfers over to right above the new climate controls. Since I don't have the screen I don't know what I am going to do...I just hope the interface with everything works with mine the same as yours. That head unit looks awesome! Do you by chance know if you can do custom gauges on it like some Kenwoods?
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Dxlnt1

The kit is only for 2010 - 2012 cars. Show everything "should" be the same. But again, I don't have a NAV car but as I recall it will fit and work just fine.

I don't know much about custom screens or anything on Alpine. But supposedly there is a way to do custom wallpapers. But it has to be done by a certified dealer. And you can only load 1 pic. So you can't scroll or choose.

As for any custom gauges, all the research I read says if you buy the right harness, any "newer" radio can interface. There are some head units that interface directly with the car ECM and can read and display  what you are looking for all on head unit. I don't remember which brand or model that was.

ZSHO

I must say the whole appearance is music to my ears,and let me tell you that Alpine is no joke,they make top notch audio equipment that surpasses ones expectations to say the least.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|