• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Post your SHO wheel/tire setup...

Started by Fast SHO, November 23, 2013, 09:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast SHO

This thread should serve as a bit of a database for those who are looking to see how a wheel/tire combo might look like on their SHO.

I just have the flower power wheels right now (as my wife calls them).

These threads have been beneficial on the other car forums I have been on.  Helps people decide on a look to achieve.  I'm noticing TSW being very popular.

Also note, it isn't "rims," but wheels and tires.

;)
2014 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Nice move!

I am also running the flower wheels with Michelin Pilot AS rubber.  Next move will be to paint the black part tuxedo black to match the paint.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

I am running the stock 20" set up with Michelin Primacy All Season.  But, I did add the SHO gel center cap overlays. 

SwampRat

Giovanna Mecca  22 x 9 +38 offset wheels with 265/35/22  Champiro GT  Radials... soon to be replaced with 295/30/22 ZR  Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta  tires.......

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

QuickSilver

I may be going a little different direction than most here but then my SHO has that funny looking taller body on it anyway so I'm already odd man out ;D   As I use my new Ford to move clients around and need the comfort for roadtrips it needs to ride nice, not like it did on the factory 20" sport rims but plusher than that. Stock size is 255/50/20 X9" wide 44 offset rims with some kinda mediocre Hankook's. They give a 5" sidewall and since the sidewall is the 'Spring' that mostly dictates ride qaulity I want more of it.  New tire size is 275/55/19 X9.5" (they make a 10.5" W as well) with 41 offset. This gives me a 6" sidewall and since the five Spoke TSW' Panorama are rotary forged, they're lighter than stock.  The old trusty bathroom scale test for the rim/tire combos are 74.6lbs stock sport wheels and 66.2lbs for the TSW Michelin Latitudes. I know this set up reduces the 'cool factor' that a rubber band like 30 series tire gives but different strokes right :eyecrazy:  Goal accomplished, the ride is waaaaay plusher than stock, dont judge the final look yet, I need to lower it about 2" but I don't want to kill the ride quality again with the wrong lowering springs so I'm 'Explore'ing' different options 8)
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

FoMoCoSHO

I'm with you on rubber band sidewalls...

Looks great!

Josephm

I like the look of the 19s but looks expensive.... 18's would not have fitted?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

BiGMaC

Looks good QS... It's all in the intended purpose!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Lanson

Not SHO but they would technically fit exactly the same:

These are L&B Forged (Anaheim CA) 22x9 +37 and 22x10 +37.

The same basic fitment works on the SHO and most of the other platforms of the same ilk.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

BiGMaC

I love these wheels on your ride... especially the polished area before the mesh starts.  Looks very sophisticated on the car.

Lanson

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 24, 2013, 06:34:58 PM
I love these wheels on your ride... especially the polished area before the mesh starts.  Looks very sophisticated on the car.

Thanks, much appreciated!

These wheels in their current state are actually part of a multi-part plan.  Being 3 piece, I'll probably break them down sometime and upgrade the outer lips to 1/2" wider all around, and go with chrome barrels instead of polished.  I am thinking of replacing the hardware (the fasteners around the rim) with colored ones, not sure what kind yet.  Either gloss black or burnt titanium look, sometimes also known as neo-chrome (plethora of colors on one part.)  That's the fun part of having 3 piece wheels, they are modular sorta.

I was thinking the 1/2" wider lips all around after someone invents a good coilover for the 13+ suspension so I can sit lower than the H&R's let me.  With that, I can essentially "VIP" the Flex, tuck tire and bare lip.  Nothing too extreme, this is still a daily driver.

Thanks again!
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

shoman04

I ride 245x45x20 NEXEN N3000 w/stock PP Wheels w/Kona Blue paint (my DD set). (RACE SET) BNOON SOLD ME http://www.americanmuscle.com/msbullitt-black-20x85-0509.html  And I have Nexen N3000 275x45x20 (1.2in wider than stock) on them.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

Fast SHO

My snow tire setup.

18x8 ANDROS Spec D MG
2014 SHO PP

TokyoRick

Quote from: QuickSilver on November 24, 2013, 10:39:22 AM
I may be going a little different direction than most here but then my SHO has that funny looking taller body on it anyway so I'm already odd man out ;D   As I use my new Ford to move clients around and need the comfort for roadtrips it needs to ride nice, not like it did on the factory 20" sport rims but plusher than that. Stock size is 255/50/20 X9" wide 44 offset rims with some kinda mediocre Hankook's. They give a 5" sidewall and since the sidewall is the 'Spring' that mostly dictates ride qaulity I want more of it.  New tire size is 275/55/19 X9.5" (they make a 10.5" W as well) with 41 offset. This gives me a 6" sidewall and since the five Spoke TSW' Panorama are rotary forged, they're lighter than stock.  The old trusty bathroom scale test for the rim/tire combos are 74.6lbs stock sport wheels and 66.2lbs for the TSW Michelin Latitudes. I know this set up reduces the 'cool factor' that a rubber band like 30 series tire gives but different strokes right :eyecrazy:  Goal accomplished, the ride is waaaaay plusher than stock, dont judge the final look yet, I need to lower it about 2" but I don't want to kill the ride quality again with the wrong lowering springs so I'm 'Explore'ing' different options 8)
Your explorer his hard hitting, very nice wheel selection.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RFS (Respect Family Speed)

TokyoRick

Quote from: Lanson on November 24, 2013, 04:52:33 PM
Not SHO but they would technically fit exactly the same:

These are L&B Forged (Anaheim CA) 22x9 +37 and 22x10 +37.

The same basic fitment works on the SHO and most of the other platforms of the same ilk.
Fresh to def

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RFS (Respect Family Speed)