• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

test fit new wheel and mirror decal

Started by TouchOfEvil, November 20, 2013, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanson

Yes, mesh wheels (especially these 3 piece, which means each section needs different care to clean) are incredibly difficult to clean.

When I see splotches of brake dust, I roll my eyes to think, "here we go again."

Still not sure I'd trade them for a different wheel, they are a PITA but mesh wheels are gorgeous on the right car (ours.)

:)
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

TouchOfEvil

Yeah I can imagine those are tough for keeping clean but they look so good.
About the winter tires I really don't need them. I live in Louisiana so winter here is like two months at 30-45 degrees at night and 50 during the day lol.
If I do end up having issues I'll just put the stockers back on for a month if need be, they only have like 1300 miles on em I believe.

Also I opened a package late last night and discovered my duel e-cutouts had come in. So I'll have to install those soon enough. Doug's cutouts at 2.5" each. I'll put them in right after my magnaflow x-pipe and eventually I'll get the down pipes once they are for sale....hurry up Livernois, lol.
2014 XSport

BiGMaC

I'll second that.  Great looking wheels.  I love the polished chrome offset outside the mesh.  That really makes those wheels pop.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TouchOfEvil

New wheels finally arrived. Bad thing is other then getting tires mounted they won't go on the exploder til after Christmas week. I'm going to a state that has a real winter and very likely some snow so i can't run a summer tire. Will have to make the trip on the stockers then swap em out once i come back. Here are a couple teaser pics though.

Also put em on a scale, 20" rim with 40mm offset weghs in at 23.2lbs. Will end up saving 17.5lbs over the stock combo per wheel for a total of 70lbs of rotating mass.

2014 XSport

DJE624

I love them.  That XSport is gonna look smokin'!

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: DJE624 on December 11, 2013, 12:18:47 AM
I love them.  That XSport is gonna look smokin'!
Thanks, i think it will look pretty sweet as well. Wish i could have them mounted sooner but just won't be worth the trouble with having to reset the tpms sensors just to have them on for a week then remove then reinstall.
2014 XSport

SHOdded

That's some serious weight savings!  I had 17" Team Dynamics wheels on my SHO that weighed that much back in '99, when that was considered "light".  Love the finish too.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

QuickSilver

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on December 11, 2013, 12:12:20 AM
New wheels finally arrived. Bad thing is other then getting tires mounted they won't go on the exploder til after Christmas week. I'm going to a state that has a real winter and very likely some snow so i can't run a summer tire. Will have to make the trip on the stockers then swap em out once i come back. Here are a couple teaser pics though.

Also put em on a scale, 20" rim with 40mm offset weghs in at 23.2lbs. Will end up saving 17.5lbs over the stock combo per wheel for a total of 70lbs of rotating mass.

I'd be interested on an actaul side by side weight once you have the tires mounted on those rims. Somehow the TSX rotory forged wheels I went with 'only' saved me 8lbs per corner but I went with a 275/55/19 tire and a 9.5" rim width so that surely cost me some weight penalty.  Even at 8lbs per, the handling/ride quality improvement was dramatic. Ever since I was 'educated on the benefits of a forged/lightweight rim about 10 years ago, every set I've bought since then has been forged to save as much wieght as possible.  Did TSW give you the 'load rating' for those rims? it's a number expressed in pounds capacity per wheel.
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

TouchOfEvil

It's not listed on the info section on the box but online search says 1650 per wheel.
2014 XSport