• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

test fit new wheel and mirror decal

Started by TouchOfEvil, November 20, 2013, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TouchOfEvil

Looks so tiny jacked up and no tire on it.

2014 XSport

DJE624

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: DJE624 on November 20, 2013, 10:39:33 PM
Looks good.  What size is it?
It's a 20", it looks so small without a tire i measured them vs the stock 20's to be sure lol.
2014 XSport

bpd1151

Actually looks really sharp.

Compliments the exterior paint scheme rather nicely. :ok:

Now get some rubber on it!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 20, 2013, 10:49:58 PM
Actually looks really sharp.

Compliments the exterior paint scheme rather nicely. :ok:

Now get some rubber on it!

I have some...sitting in the corner lol. Had the tires for a few weeks but the wheels had to be ordered. Hopefully i'll have time this weekend to have them mounted. Should i order TMPS sensors or do most tire shops carry these since so many cars use em? Never actually changed rims on a car that had them is why i ask.
2014 XSport

BiGMaC

:rock:  Wheels rock, but the full effect is missing without the tires.  What are you going to mount? Pics when you have tires on mounted them and on the ride please...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

I had a bear of a time with my TPMS sensors when I purchased my after market (TSW) rims/tires.

Mine was that weird transition year where FMC was switching over from the banded style (which I have) versus the valve stem sensors.

So I spent an astronomical amount of money to purchase OEM banded style sensors.

The other monkey in the wrench, is that to program the sensors, most tire shops (at least at that time) did NOT have the proper programming device.

So I would defer to w/e vendor it is that will be mounting/balancing them, and yield to what they suggest.

TouchOfEvil

Will do on the sensors.
The meat is going to be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255/45/20 this is going to be an inch shorter then stock tires 255/50/20 so i'll have to get my tune adjusted for them as well.
2014 XSport

SHOdded

May be time for whitewall tires to make a comeback?  Wheel looks great, the setting is kinda like on a monster truck ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on November 21, 2013, 12:03:04 AM
Will do on the sensors.
The meat is going to be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255/45/20 this is going to be an inch shorter then stock tires 255/50/20 so i'll have to get my tune adjusted for them as well.

So your just going for a summer tire?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on November 21, 2013, 12:03:04 AM
Will do on the sensors.

When I spoke to LMS, they told me there will be a new setting on the updated xv1 tune.
I think they are updating the mycal software. Because he said when I get my xv1 tune, I will be able to pick my wheel size in the programmer...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BigPelo

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on November 20, 2013, 10:42:53 PM
It's a 20", it looks so small without a tire i measured them vs the stock 20's to be sure lol.

More spec please! Brand, model, width, offset, weight...

They look a bit like my 19'' winter set (avatar)
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: BigPelo on November 21, 2013, 07:20:50 AM
Quote from: TouchOfEvil on November 20, 2013, 10:42:53 PM

More spec please! Brand, model, width, offset, weight...

They look a bit like my 19'' winter set (avatar)
These are advanti racing PO Prodigo  20x8.5 45mm offset weight 30lbs.
However, i am returning them. The reason is the weight, i asked the seller to confirm weight with the maker and once he got them but they do not weight the 27lbs he told me.
SO, i'm returning them and getting TSW Interlagos in 20x8.5 40mm offset suppose to weigh 23.25lbs getting them in the silver with machine face finish.

Nearly 7lbs lighter then the advanti wheels. They cost more but that was never an issue.
2014 XSport

Lanson

good call.  It is a stronger wheel as well.  Also, by being a full-face wheel, you can install wheel weights closer to the lip area, which means the balance will be easier to get right, and more accurate.

The Nurburgring can also be made in 22", still weighs right about 30 lbs. 

another light weight is the Giovanna RL series of wheels.  Awesome options there too, in 22 or just 20".
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoBrick Bob

I have Interlagos for my Brick - Polished face -18" x 9".   Currently have my other 18" on (ASA- AR2).  Nice thing about the Interlagos is they are easy to clean!  ASA's have dish and mesh look and can be a PITA. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.