• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dyno power gains w/ stock SHO and LMS Stage 4

Started by Fast SHO, November 19, 2013, 08:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaurusBuilder

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on December 14, 2013, 06:13:54 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 13, 2013, 05:31:41 PM
Well good news. I received files today. Gonna instal thermostat first for ease while car cold, then pull baseline dyno.

Then install cai, spark plugs and stage 4 tune.

What is gap on plugs that everyone is using?

we recommend .030 for plug gap, but do use feeler gauges, don't trust the "gap tool" sold in many auto parts stores.

I got my plugs the other day and plan to put then in. My receipt said ecoboost truck plugs. Are these the correct 1s?

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

BiGMaC

For those of you currently running LMS tunes and having the stuttering or similar problems, LMS has apparently got a fix.  Contact them for the winter fuel/cold weather tune.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Dxlnt1

I installed spark plugs, & CAI today. Whew whatta PITA. Will install tune later when able to drive car. Car has been sitting most of time. And had stereo installed. Pix on that to come. Unable to do before and after dyno since I ran outta cash. And trynna find 20" oem wheels. Oh well.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

It'll be time to update that signature soon, Dxlnt1!  Were any of the plugs seized?  I know the back ones are a bit difficult to remove & replace for sure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

None were seized but required a little elbow grease to break the seal. Not sure if they were previously replaced before I bought car but they were in great shape. All gaps were spot on and NO fouling or carbon residue. I considered applying anti seize before re install but some manufacturers recommend against such practice. Any thoughts?

I did notice with Airaid when hard accelerating I can hear a hiss for a brief second. Can't tell if its turbo spinning or just intake sucking air. More to come on it.

Yes signature shall change. How to place a pic in signature?
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

BiGMaC

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 21, 2013, 06:54:44 AM
None were seized but required a little elbow grease to break the seal. Not sure if they were previously replaced before I bought car but they were in great shape. All gaps were spot on and NO fouling or carbon residue. I considered applying anti seize before re install but some manufacturers recommend against such practice. Any thoughts?

I did notice with Airaid when hard accelerating I can hear a hiss for a brief second. Can't tell if its turbo spinning or just intake sucking air. More to come on it.

I like to use photobucket for the source of my pics.  It's free & easy to use. http://photobucket.com/.. So I would go to photobucket, select my pic and copy it's URL ( a single click)

Then on EBPF.....

1--> At the top of the EBPF page above the logo left click the "Profile" button....
2-->then select "modify profile" button just below the EBPF logo on the left
2-->Scroll down to the "signature" area and paste in the pic URL.  (or other options..I just like PB)

et viola'... an image in your sig. (and hopefully a pin in the map and all that other stuff in your profile filled out)

Other services will work.  DJE624 can offer more advice. If he doesn't chime in soon, you might shoot him a PM.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

navbtcret

I always put a little anti seize on every nut and bolt I remove from any car of mine, including spark plugs. Just remember a little goes a long way. I live in northwest Pa. so we get hammered with snow most every winter and that means lots of salt on the roads which is why I anti seize everything.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

DJE624

At Photobuctucket, for signatures, use the bottom link.  To add pictures to posts, use the second link down (with image brackets).   PM me if I can be of assistance. 

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on December 21, 2013, 10:20:34 AM

At Photobuctucket, for signatures, use the bottom link.  To add pictures to posts, use the second link down (with image brackets).   PM me if I can be of assistance. 

Dave,  educate me..... I've been using the bottom PB link for all my images.  What is the difference between using the bottom and the bracketed one?  :dunno:

DJE624

This is the image button I use for posts. Clicking it makes the brackets.  Insert link between brackets.

Below is the link to use with this at Phoptobucket.

For signatures, where there is only a text box,  I use this link.

There may be other ways of doing this.  It's just the way I figured it out.

SHOdded

I also fall into the "apply a little anti-seize" camp.  But didn't need it on the 95 SHO, did not use it for the Edge either.  I DID apply it to the Intrepid coz the old plugs were SO difficult to remove & felt crossthreaded, and did not want the new plugs to suffer the same fate.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

I installed stage 4+ yesterday. Wow. So much more responsive. I need to find some one to SHO off to!

DJE624

Glad you like it!  It should be knocking a good 7 tenths off your 1/4 (with 93 octane anyway).

Dxlnt1

Quote from: DJE624 on December 24, 2013, 10:13:57 PM
Glad you like it!  It should be knocking a good 7 tenths off your 1/4 (with 93 octane anyway).

I haven't laid into yet but the possibilities! Turned TCS off and got a little scratch from tires shifting. Will wait for law enforcement to be on donut break to hit it once on the street.

SHOdded

Have a rollickin' good time with the new tune!