• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dyno power gains w/ stock SHO and LMS Stage 4

Started by Fast SHO, November 19, 2013, 08:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: crash712us on November 20, 2013, 10:51:43 PM
The dealers really don't care what you do to your car, but in order cover it under warranty the have to get Ford to approve it. So if you come in with a miss and they find out you have bad plug, coil pack or injector. Ford will warranty no question asked, however if your miss is melted hole in the piston, Ford will ask questions and possibly send someone to investigate the came.
All car have hereditary problems and I am sure Ford is very much aware of what failures normally arise in all there cars. Another words your not the 1st to have this problem, but if by chance you are the fella dragging his trans behind him. Ford will investigate. I work for Ford and warranties are a huge expense, and I know at my plant where the mustang and fusion are built they review every single warranty claim.

True, but the Magnuson act stops frivolent voiding of warranty... It's only when a significant issue arises... It likely won't keep me from modding... I'll just accumulate a rainy day fund.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

What Ford needs to do is offer performance upgrades (ala SRT) that don't void the warranty. If I had the option to have "approved" mods performed at the dship it would be a no brainer for me. I'd happily pay top dollar to keep my warranty intact. I'd be fine with paying a higher warranty deductible too.

The other option would be for them to form partnerships with "approved" tuners such as Livernois who they apparently work very closely with already. I'm pretty sure Livernois knows the design limits of these cars and does everything they can to make safe reliable upgrades. Ford knows this but they want to have it both ways. They want the collective knowledge the aftermarket provides (hence their participation in SEMA with dollar cars provided) and at the same time being able to screw people out of their warranties.

What Ford should take from this, the billions of dollars spent in the aftermarket is that manufacturers aren't building the cars we want, we are just settling for what we can get. Their processes are broken and outdated. Start offering more options, encourage folks to order cars the way they want them so dealerships can stop having to carry millions of dollars in inventory that Ford has to heavily discount at the end of each model year.(which in turn murders our resale value)

They could have built a SHO that trounced anything south of 100K, and to be fair they come close in many metrics but with every Ford i have owned (Which has been quite a few) I always end up with the feeling that someone decided "it's good enough". If manufacturers built what their customers wanted the aftermarket wouldn't exist.

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Fast SHO

If they did all that our cars would cost as much as a 335i.

Anyways, what sort of gains are people seeing with downpipes and just a tune?
2014 SHO PP

FoMoCoSHO

My car is bone stock right now, I have 4dr's boost actuated cutout and PPE catted downpipes on the way. i have an awd dyno available so i'm going to have them install everything and do the following dyno runs.

Stock
Stock + downpipes
Stock + downpipes + cutout active

For shits and giggles I may throw on the K&N typhoon on at the end so hopefully we can end this CAI debate once and for all.

TouchOfEvil

Man do i wish more companies offered mods like Dodge does with their various stage upgrades for the srt line.
2014 XSport

Dxlnt1

Hello all. I'm new SHO owner as of 11/25. I would like to do some performance upgrades but a little confused. If I do the livernois tunes, do I have to to have upgraded exhaust and cold air induction? Either way, what will the gains/losses be.

Thanks to OP of this post as I wanted to see actual hp gains from the LMS tune. Now maybe someone can post actual torque gains as well. From the graph, looks like torque wasn't changed much which is where the true power lies.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

DJE624

I gained 45 WHP and 68 WTQ with just the LMS Stage 4+ and a K&N panel.  The bottom curve is stock, middle curve is Stage4 and top is Stage 4+. 

Dxlnt1

So if my math is correct thats 410 bhp, 418 torque. Awesome. I just received email from LMS for black Friday special. This coming too fast. No time to test car stock and get a good feel. Gonna have to jump on this!

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/2010%252d14-EcoBoost-V6-Vehicles-AIW-MyCalibr8or-Tuning-Device%2C-Airaid-CAI%2C-T%252dStat%2C-Plugs-%7EBLACK-FRIDAY%7E.html
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

DJE624

I came up with 419/420 HP on my calculator but who's quibbling!?!  Go for it dude!  You'll be happy with it. 
http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php

Dxlnt1

Lastly, if I take the Nestea plunge on this, I haven't looked under hood of car but pix make installation of thermostat and plugs very daunting! Comments?

bpd1151

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on November 27, 2013, 09:01:52 PM
Lastly, if I take the Nestea plunge on this, I haven't looked under hood of car but pix make installation of thermostat and plugs very daunting! Comments?

Easy peasy stuff....

There are a couple of "How-To" tutorials I believe floating around....

If not, it's a fairly straight forward task. Not all that complicated really.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Fast SHO

I'm really curious what the limits of the stock block and trans are.
2014 SHO PP

bpd1151

In lab testing way back in 2009, FMC tested the Eco power plant (3.5L) to 720bhp before they began experiencing "failures".

This was a direct conversation I had with various Execs back in 2010.

Now I didn't ask, nor was it volunteered, what exactly those failures were.... but suffice to say.....

720bhp is your upper end/range.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Fast SHO

That's for the motor. What about the trans.

There are a lot of SHO's and ecoboost motors out on the streets.  Hard to believe there isn't some solid data on what these can handle in a DD role.

I'd be interested if 480-550awhp was reasonable for DD.
2014 SHO PP