• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dyno power gains w/ stock SHO and LMS Stage 4

Started by Fast SHO, November 19, 2013, 08:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast SHO

I'm in the US right now and can mail them the tuner.
2014 SHO PP

vernonator

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 19, 2013, 10:44:41 PM
you guys are just trying to get me to void my powertrain warranty...  :blowup:

Adding a Tune DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!! If you have a failure the dealer needs to show that the TUNE caused and/or contributed to it. Read the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act - link provided below. NOW you may have to fight a dealer/manufacturer decision BUT a tune does not void your warranty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

BiGMaC

I agree with the spirit... and everything you point out. They must prove the mod "contributed" to the failure.   Below is a link to a Ford TSB on the official process they use to do this and voiding warranty, at least with F150 and mustangs through 2012 models.  Any new info or case law would be appreciated.  I imagine that if it gets beyond your local dealer it will be an uphill battle.  Not trying to be negative, I really want a tune.

http://thehorsepowerjunkies.com/blogpdf/ford_tuning_tsb.pdf

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: vernonator on November 20, 2013, 09:28:06 AM

Adding a Tune DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!! If you have a failure the dealer needs to show that the TUNE caused and/or contributed to it. Read the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act - link provided below. NOW you may have to fight a dealer/manufacturer decision BUT a tune does not void your warranty.

That has been said over and over on every board I have been on in the past 6 years.  However, when your vehicle is in pieces and Ford says "NO"  please explain how one is supposed to fight them...  How many years and how much money are you willing to pay to prove you are right???  Ford has spelled it out very completely and simply in several of their bulletins to dealers on what is considered things that void the warranty. Aftermarket tunes is one of those items.

This is not just my opinion... it has happened to me... $8,400... (Ford  Re-MFG long block plus installation at Ford dlr)   In summary:  "IF YOU PLAY... BE READY TO PAY..."
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

FracaSHO

My F-150 was tuned, and had long tubes, exhaust, and intake. The O2 sensors were not tucked behind the heat shield, and the headers burned them out. Ford WARRANTIED both sides, but only one time each. I had to pay for the third one. The tech told me he adjusted the heat shield the third time, and it didn't happen again. So it all depends on the dealer, your relationship with the dealer, and what is broke. It was clear the aftermarket headers caused the O2's to burn out, yet they took care of them, but there was a limit to there generosity. I even took the truck in when there was hesitation pulling away from a stop. I slightly bent the drive shaft doing a little off roading, they warrantied that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

bigmoneycloser

Although we all should try to fight at first...
I agree, if you take the chance, you have to be ready to possibly pay the price.
Risk vs reward..
And let's all plan on no issues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

Needmoreboost

Another good idea is to take the time to find a dealer you like and build a relationship.  If you give them business via service etc. they should want to work with you.  The "smarter" dealers like repeat customers and people referring business back to them.  JMO.  Good luck everyone.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

Night Hawk

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 19, 2013, 10:59:26 PM
Impressive night Hawk... Do you have downpipes... If so TIAL or BOV?

No downpipes yet, I'll be doing the LMS catted dos in the spring with tune upgrade.
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

EcoBrick Bob

This was my selling dealer... Unfortunately, my first experience with them, and since I haven't had any real other issues with my Flex in 67K, I had no relationship... Still, when there are engine issues, Ford gets involved.  Dealer can handle little things... if Ford doesn't get involved.

When I purchased the vehicle... there was a bubble in the paint at the fender point above the pass side headlight.  Wanted it touched up... Ford got involved via pictures etc... BFD... and they wanted to re-paint fender and blend into hood... I cut it off with a razor blade and touched it up... Ford and other MFG's are now BIG BROTHER...

Just wait till MFG, GOVT. and Insurance Co.s monitor all our driving...  My guess... less than 10 years away.  Some of it is already happening...
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

BiGMaC

EB you are right, and it is started.  My auto ins co is State Farm... we stayed because we've used the agent for about 25 years and we have a relationship that helps. When I picked up my SHO in Sept I called to put it on and as the secretary was trying to get me discounts she asked if I had Sync/MFT... I told her yes, they gave me a discount for it. BUT....

I got an email from State Farm demanding that I run a vehicle health report about 3 days later.  I did run it because they would take away the discount if I didn't.  I was also advised that my ins premium "might change" if my mileage was more or less than the 12K/yr estimate I gave them.  With nav, phone, GPS, cell triangulation, and the info gathering that goes into the black box scary potential exists. 

Clearly State Farm has access to the vehicle health report and who knows what else in the on-board computer.   I have complained formally to Ford... like it would do any good.  As I said in another post, "Yes Virginia, there is a big brother."   :Owned:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

BiGMaC

Quote from: Night Hawk on November 20, 2013, 07:27:29 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on November 19, 2013, 10:59:26 PM
Impressive night Hawk... Do you have downpipes... If so TIAL or BOV?

No downpipes yet, I'll be doing the LMS catted dos in the spring with tune upgrade.

Cool, Thanks!

crash712us

The dealers really don't care what you do to your car, but in order cover it under warranty the have to get Ford to approve it. So if you come in with a miss and they find out you have bad plug, coil pack or injector. Ford will warranty no question asked, however if your miss is melted hole in the piston, Ford will ask questions and possibly send someone to investigate the came.
All car have hereditary problems and I am sure Ford is very much aware of what failures normally arise in all there cars. Another words your not the 1st to have this problem, but if by chance you are the fella dragging his trans behind him. Ford will investigate. I work for Ford and warranties are a huge expense, and I know at my plant where the mustang and fusion are built they review every single warranty claim.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

shoman04

Quote from: Fast SHO on November 19, 2013, 11:33:50 PM
I wonder how the car will handle the stage IV+ and blasting down the autobahn consistently at 120mph?

:)
It's not the Autobahn but in Sept coming back  from LMS (FOR TUNING MY METH) dragging a loaded trailer with my race tires and things up and down Tenn's mountain roads 85mph to 90mph(Posted speed 75/80mph) car ran GREAT. I have 58k mil on my car and been running the base tune (345hp) (stock 297hp) from about 1500 mi no problem at all. METH tune in Sept. for about 2kmi (405hp/417t) love it!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU8rfm6OHbQ
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on November 20, 2013, 12:03:33 PM
Quote from: vernonator on November 20, 2013, 09:28:06 AM

That has been said over and over on every board I have been on in the past 6 years.  However, when your vehicle is in pieces and Ford says "NO"  please explain how one is supposed to fight them...  How many years and how much money are you willing to pay to prove you are right???  Ford has spelled it out very completely and simply in several of their bulletins to dealers on what is considered things that void the warranty. Aftermarket tunes is one of those items.

This is not just my opinion... it has happened to me... $8,400... (Ford  Re-MFG long block plus installation at Ford dlr)   In summary:  "IF YOU PLAY... BE READY TO PAY..."
Your issue was admittedly caused by you. It wasn't like you just had a tune on the car and it blew up, correct?