• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FS: 2013 Taurus SHO Clovis, NM

Started by QwikSHO, November 09, 2013, 06:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-Down

Quote from: QwikSHO on June 06, 2014, 10:14:20 AM
You must be very picky, because if an intake and tint on tails deters you from a car, then it must suck looking for used cars.

I could understand if I had a ridiculous setup with turbos, exhaust, tuner, rebuilt motor, etc...but tinted tails and an intake?  Wow.

For some reason I can't edit my post. I wanted to say that I'm not saying you modded your car anymore than what you have stated but I am just explaining how I would perceive a used car wen searching craigslist or autotrader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QwikSHO

Quote from: SHO-Down on June 06, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

You must be very picky, because if an intake and tint on tails deters you from a car, then it must suck looking for used cars.

I could understand if I had a ridiculous setup with turbos, exhaust, tuner, rebuilt motor, etc...but tinted tails and an intake?  Wow.

Very rarely are cars modded so no it's not hard at all and I 100% skip over modded cars without a second glance. Intake and tinted tails means (to me if I was searching autotrader or the like) that you had it modded and removed the rest of the mods and didn't have the stock intake or tails to replace. So yes those things deter me from a car, and yes I am picky. But no pickier than anyone else looking for a clean used car.

The tinted tails are film, like clear bra.  Easily taken off. 
The intake?  Easily taken off. I still have the OEM airbox.  If I had anything to hide why wouldn't I go completely back to stock?? 

I suppose you would hate on the car and think it's been ragged out because I upgrade all the bulbs on the car to LEDs??

Lol

panther427

see i look at someone who has done a few mods.. as a possible car for me.. Yes i will be xtra careful about them having any other major mods removed. But it may be that a person that took the time to mod a few things to his or her taste actually cares about the car.. not just another device to make our lives easier.

this is how i think. if they spent money on an intake and tinted tails they would be willing to spend the money on an oil change. kinda thought.
2013 SHO

QwikSHO

Let's be real here.  This isn't a car that has an extensive aftermarket.   Outside of intake, intercooler pipes, exhaust, and tuners...there's not much to really worry about.    There's few guys even on this site that have made power numbers or modded enough you'd have to worry about engine/drivetrain abuse like an Evo, Mustang, Camaros, etc.

wasinger3000

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 15, 2013, 02:50:56 AM
Re the PP and ACC CA... that makes sense.  The thing has sensors, and cameras all over it

Yep, Brand new, Fully factory loaded 402a,  everything but PP, literally the MC seats, electric sunroof, 20's with the flower wheels, ACC, CA, nav, auto park,etc.  All the toys. They wanted to make the deal I guess... or they plan to rape someone with truck I traded.

They gave me about 85% of max KBB and Black Book value for the trade (it had some "Arizona pinstriping" from off-roading) and they painted all the little chips etc. in the paint on the SHO.  My total OTD was actually $41.5K. The additional 5K got me Ford ESP Care (all factory recommended service) for 7yr/70K miles, Ford extended BTB warranty for 7yr/70K miles, 5 year road hazard on tires and the flower wheels, and theft registration for 5 years (everything is etched with warning, ID #, phone # to call, and it's LoJacked). Then they got me 4.5% for 60 months with 0 down! They even changed the oil for me at 1800 miles because the car displayed the need on the LED screen.

Actually the original deal was for $37,800 (negotiated from an advertised $38,800... but when I pulled their ad up online to show my wife....  the "no hassle" advertised price had been lowered $2000.  When I went to pic it up the next day... I showed them and asked for the new price...  All smiles and 2 minutes... they did it. Poor corporate communication landed me on Boardwalk! We negotiated value, not monthly payments, which was refreshing... like the old days.

Needless to say, I am pleased so far with this dealer.

In 90 days you should look into refinancing your car. I am at 1.99% interest. You will save quite a bit if you do.

Sent using smoke signals.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

To be honest,from past experinces what scares me the most is buying a used car that's over 3 years old,usually the cars are leased or rentals,for example I know a guy that never changed his oil until his lease was over and he had over 60k on it ,that's why it pays to do a little extensive research before jumping into something,just my little 2 cents.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO-Down

Quote from: QwikSHO on June 06, 2014, 07:23:57 PM

Very rarely are cars modded so no it's not hard at all and I 100% skip over modded cars without a second glance. Intake and tinted tails means (to me if I was searching autotrader or the like) that you had it modded and removed the rest of the mods and didn't have the stock intake or tails to replace. So yes those things deter me from a car, and yes I am picky. But no pickier than anyone else looking for a clean used car.

The intake?  Easily taken off. I still have the OEM airbox.  If I had anything to hide why wouldn't I go completely back to stock?? 

I suppose you would hate on the car and think it's been ragged out because I upgrade all the bulbs on the car to LEDs??

Lol

Dude, you don't have to take offense to my comment just stating a fact from my personal selection process. Someone may not see it that way but that's how I would see it and based on your price you're asking top buck so anything helps broaden your market which means a completely stock car puts you at square one that's all I'm saying.

Good luck.

SHO-Down

Quote from: panther427 on June 06, 2014, 08:37:10 PM
see i look at someone who has done a few mods.. as a possible car for me.. Yes i will be xtra careful about them having any other major mods removed. But it may be that a person that took the time to mod a few things to his or her taste actually cares about the car.. not just another device to make our lives easier.

this is how i think. if they spent money on an intake and tinted tails they would be willing to spend the money on an oil change. kinda thought.

Haha yeah I hear ya, I'm not hating on the car in any way shape or form just stating a fact that is the mind set of a lot of buyers myself included.

QwikSHO

Quote from: SHO-Down on June 07, 2014, 09:56:52 AM

Lol

Dude, you don't have to take offense to my comment just stating a fact from my personal selection process. Someone may not see it that way but that's how I would see it and based on your price you're asking top buck so anything helps broaden your market which means a completely stock car puts you at square one that's all I'm saying.

Good luck.

I'm under "top buck" if you look at the book values.

And why wouldn't I ask "top buck" for the car?   It's fully loaded and only has 6800 miles on it.

SHO-Down

Quote from: QwikSHO on June 07, 2014, 03:13:50 PM
Quote from: SHO-Down on June 07, 2014, 09:56:52 AM

Lol

Good luck.

I'm under "top buck" if you look at the book values.

And why wouldn't I ask "top buck" for the car?   It's fully loaded and only has 6800 miles on it.

Well I bought a 2014 fully loaded with .2 miles on it for $2k over your asking price so KBB doesn't mean squat and for the most part never has.  No need to be salty.

Good luck with the sale.  If anything you've gotten a bunch of bumps out of the deal haha.

QwikSHO

You know why I'm salty?

Because all you guys that raped your dealerships come in here devaluing my car because you happened to get a sweet deal on it.   Banks value cars by book, so why shouldn't sellers?

QwikSHO

So I'm trading it in on Saturday.

If you want the car, I'm going down to $31k.   You can call/text me at (316) 371-4082 if you're serious, as I rarely check this forum anymore.   No tire kickers, or maybes, or you have to sell a house/or another car....if you're serious about this car and have the funds necessary to do this transaction,  I would love to sell to an enthusiast rather than watch it get marked up at a dealer.

Better pictures are located here:
http://www.autotrader.com/ATCarID/AT-16474f28

SHOdded

Sorry you haven't had any luck yet.  Hope you are able to get the best value for your SHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

QwikSHO

Mods, please lock/delete.

Car is sold.

panther427

Quote from: QwikSHO on July 20, 2014, 11:56:44 AM
Mods, please lock/delete.

Car is sold.

Glad you was able to finally sell it. 
2013 SHO