• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Custom Rear Lettering

Started by SwampRat, November 08, 2013, 01:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Quote from: mval on November 08, 2013, 11:24:08 AM
Love your car & really like the black SHO & Taurus emblems on the back. Can I ask where you got them from or did you do yourself. I've seen a black SHO emblem on ebay but not the Taurus one.
Thanks
Mike V

Thanks for the reply ......

They were made by Montanna Lettering   
http://www.signlettersource.com/flatAluminum_letters.php

Solid Aluminum. 1/4" thick.  2 1/2 high    Baked Black Enamel finish.  . The font is called. :   Eurostyle Bold Extended Italic.      ........     in uppercase .

this was the closest I could find to match the ford lettering font .

108.00 plus shipping ... takes about two weeks

I used 3M vhb double sided outdoor mounting tape.
You can find it at Lowes or Home Depot .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bpd1151

Wwwaaaaayyyyyyy too big for my liking.  :-X

Almost as if it's out of place.  :hmmm:

But it's a neat idea.  :headscratch:

steve142857

I agree with Mike on that one, a bit too big for me. At least the way they are put now. I personally think that just the SHO or TAURUS alone and centered would look better. But if you like it, that's all that matters.
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

QwikSHO

SHOdded

I like 'em, doing something different :thumb:  If I could, I would stamp the SHO into the bumper like the Gen 1/2 and leave the lettering off completely.  I think there's enough gap between the sensors for that?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoman04

I LOVE  IT!!!!! And as over the TOP Mike's(bpd) car is He can't talk. Sorry Mike "YOUR CAR IS TO PRETTY TO BE FAST",LOL But I like it. just little much for me, MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT LIKES BUT IT'S ALL GOOD. YE!!!!!! GO ECOBOOST!!!!!!
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SwampRat

What can I say?

I was wanting to make a LARGE Statement !!

The whole point of my wanting to do and  doing this was  :  TO STAND OUT FROM OTHER TAURUS's.  !!!!

To me the stock lettering is way to small  ..

Most folks that look at Taurus's dont even know what a SHO is ....

Only 5% of  the gen 6 Taurus's built are SHO models .

Tons of people compliment me on my SHO whenever I get out of the car and driving around  town .

Any on else that may consider doing this or something simular  have the opition of smaller sizes or colors , even stainless steel or copper or other metal finishes.

I like the size I have but would have  really prefered the Exact font that Ford uses , just cant find anyone that can do it....

Next addition is on order from Billet Badges ....
. See pic below .

I will put it below SHO lettering ....

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

I think it will fit the theme nicely.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

For the record, I never said that I disliked (your trunk lettering) mod.  :nono:

I just simply said that for me alone, it is WAY to BIG for my own liking.

I applaud your design ingenuity and originality.  :clap2:

I agree with you that it would've been better suited had the same font style been able to be sourced.

Perhaps since Billet Badges is an Officially Licensed Ford product, you can consult with them about that product potential.  :dunno:

Otherwise, from an overall stance, I like what you've done with your SHO thus far and I think the, as yet to be obtained 3.5L Ecoboost badging, especially with the in-laid red, will compliment the Wilwood Brake calipers really well.

Keep up the good work! :ok:

SwampRat

I dont believe Billet Badges does Individual lettering .....

I am expecting a return call from them and will ask  , they were busy at SEMA last week and  I need more info about a Black Oval Ford Billet Badge they make to replace the one  over the rear back up camera .           

Hoping they can do one with Red fill in the receased areas . I might have to do the fill in myself  ... Evidently Ford only lets them do it in certain color combos .....

This way I can eliminate the chome strip/Ford emblem.

I  think I will  Plastidip the rest of the  chrome trim  in black .....

2021 Edge ST

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 08, 2013, 02:17:20 PM
Wwwaaaaayyyyyyy too big for my liking.  :-X

Almost as if it's out of place.  :hmmm:

But it's a neat idea.  :headscratch:
For the record I think you did state that you dislike the badging.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

QwikSHO

I love when people say, "It's his car, he can do whatever he wants to it."

You are therefore enabling people like this:

bpd1151

Nothing in that statement says that I dislike it on it's surface.

I did however state that it wasn't to my own liking.

Big difference my friend.

Do you feel better now SRT8?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

DJE624

LOL  I guess everyone has drawn their own line between tasteful and tasteless.  There is a big grey area between one and the other overall.  I try to lean a little more to the conservative side.  I think.   ;D

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 09, 2013, 09:55:45 PM
Nothing in that statement says that I dislike it on it's surface.

I did however state that it wasn't to my own liking.

Big difference my friend.

Do you feel better now SRT8?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
So if it is not to your own liking, you dislike it then. Where is the disconnect here?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade