• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GDI Injectors coming!!

Started by SHODYOU, November 08, 2013, 12:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSHO

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on November 14, 2013, 12:52:23 AM
My Sport is having issues running the livernois tune via the fuel rail pressure is dropping at 4500rpms then having to rebuild to proper levels. So larger injectors will not help me at this point.

Are there no pumps we could swap in and do a little fab work to make it fit/mate up for a proper install....diesel pump....something?
Was it a dynotune or email order tune? How are you measuring fuel pressure?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: JeffsSport on November 14, 2013, 04:22:45 AM
Quote from: TouchOfEvil on November 14, 2013, 12:52:23 AM
My Sport is having issues running the livernois tune via the fuel rail pressure is dropping at 4500rpms then having to rebuild to proper levels. So larger injectors will not help me at this point.

Are there no pumps we could swap in and do a little fab work to make it fit/mate up for a proper install....diesel pump....something?
Was it a dynotune or email order tune? How are you measuring fuel pressure?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Email tune, i've ran the 91 v2 and hi boost as well as the 93 v2 and hi boost. All of them have issues. Stock tune the fuel rail sees all the pressure it needs. Obviously stock doesn't require as much fuel because of the lower boost numbers of course.
I'm using torque to monitor the fuel rail pressure. Torque with track recorder so i can play it back after a pull etc.
2014 XSport

JMR76

I started running the 93v7 last 3 days.  I am definitely getting more FRP now, and it stays higher longer.  I can't say it's flawless, but it is much better than 93v6 in the cold.  Once in a while, mostly when engine hasn't fully warm, I get a slight stutter or two, but it's quick and then it's gone.  I logged during one of these stutters on 93v7 and FRP dropped, but it recovered almost instantaneously.
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

TouchOfEvil

Right now there is no tune for me to go to since i have an explorer. My guess on yours is that they lowered the boost a couple degrees. They seem to love extremely rich tunes.
Have you logged your boost along with a/f ratio?
2014 XSport

JMR76

The best I can explain it so far, From what I can see, the max boost is down sometimes to around 13.6 psi or so, although I've seen it go back to 15.3 a few times.  15.3 is what I was getting with 93v6 all the time.

A/F ratio seems to be as low as 10.6, only briefly, but now seems to run 11.1 to 11.3 more under WOT.  On WOT, it would jump to 11.1 then sometimes drop quickly to 10.6 or 10.7 then back to 11.1 and up.  It's definitely not running in the 10's as much anyway.

I'm using Dashcommand, so I only know how to read in playback mode, which does also record the highs and lows.  Hopefully this is some help.
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: JMR76 on November 14, 2013, 11:29:43 PM
The best I can explain it so far, From what I can see, the max boost is down sometimes to around 13.6 psi or so, although I've seen it go back to 15.3 a few times.  15.3 is what I was getting with 93v6 all the time.

A/F ratio seems to be as low as 10.6, only briefly, but now seems to run 11.1 to 11.3 more under WOT.  On WOT, it would jump to 11.1 then sometimes drop quickly to 10.6 or 10.7 then back to 11.1 and up.  It's definitely not running in the 10's as much anyway.

I'm using Dashcommand, so I only know how to read in playback mode, which does also record the highs and lows.  Hopefully this is some help.

It sounds like they leaned it out a little for you. Which is exactly what i asked Anthony to do for me. At times i'm seeing 10.2 " just insane" i think if it were asking for 11.1-11.3 like your tune it would fix the problem or come extremely close. If it didn't then just drop a lb of boost to lower the incoming air a touch and it would be fine.
10.2 is beyound the fuel system not to mention it's leaving power on the table being so rich.
2014 XSport

mjlkwolfe@gmail.com

Has anyone checked to see if the F150 HP Pump is higher volume than the one used on the cars?
Has anyone checked the flow rate on the F150 Injectors

twnscrw13

Does anyone know what the status is on the injectors?  This year it's either meth injection or new injectors going on the car.
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

SwampRat

Quote from: twnscrw13 on February 07, 2014, 09:19:53 PM
Does anyone know what the status is on the injectors?  This year it's either meth injection or new injectors going on the car.

Any One want to tackle this one ?

I say go straight to the  Mfg... email and or call them .

http://www.deatschwerks.com/

On second thought maybe I have another project ... There contact info is in OKC  , OK .

Contact

1745 W. Sheridan Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Phone: 1.405.217.0701
Toll-free: 1.800.419.6023
Fax: 1.405.217.0700

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

twnscrw13

Quote from: SwampRat on February 07, 2014, 09:38:59 PM
Quote from: twnscrw13 on February 07, 2014, 09:19:53 PM

Any One want to tackle this one ?

I say go straight to the  Mfg... email and or call them .

http://www.deatschwerks.com/

I sent an email. We'll see what they say.

On second thought maybe I have another project ... There contact info is in OKC  , OK .

Contact

1745 W. Sheridan Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Phone: 1.405.217.0701
Toll-free: 1.800.419.6023
Fax: 1.405.217.0700

2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

mjlkwolfe@gmail.com

Hi All:
If I am calculating correctly then that would mean the stock injectors are capable of about 1300cc's per minute
I have to assume that BSFC's are still about .5lb per hp hour for gasoline
That would mean that the stock injectors are capable of around 125lbs per hour static flow
If that is the case the stock injectors with a maximum of 80% duty cycle would be capable of producing about 200hp per cylinder.
There must be something awash here.
Typically the factory uses the above formula to calculate maximum injector flow rate requirements.
Surely these stock injectors are not capable of 1300cc per minute?????
Does anyone have the correct static flow specs for the stock injectors?

SwampRat

Deatschwerks is finalizing development of their GDI injectors for Ford EcoBoost engines.

I guess we  can thank the  Mustang crowd  for this .

NEW update from Stang TV on Jan. 21st. 2014

www.stangtv.com/news/deatschwerks-developing-ecoboost-injectors-in-time-for-2015-mustang/

Quote from article above :

Many talented tuners have already come up with tuning solutions, and the aftermarket has also been releasing parts for EcoBoost powered cars and trucks. The limiting factor up until now has been getting more fuel to the engine. Increasing boost and playing with fuel, timing, and other data within the computer can net more power, but eventually the incoming air charge exceeds the amount of available fuel. There hasn't been a solution to this issue until now, and it comes from Deatschwerks.

4DR Has been saying  this for a while now !

2021 Edge ST

Josephm

We need more than injectors, we need a pump that can flow more too?

That does not require splicing into factory harness.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SwampRat

Quote from: Josephm on February 09, 2014, 12:45:35 PM
We need more than injectors, we need a pump that can flow more too?

That does not require splicing into factory harness.

4DR has the pump issue  solved  and available.

Unfortunately at this time I dont believe WE can  have our cake and eat it too with the splicing issue.

These injectors won't be available until later this year and who knows , by then maybe a plug n play pump settup may become available .

2021 Edge ST

crash712us

I believe this company also has a in line pump to go with injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110