• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Fall Photo Shoot w/ HKMediaChicago....

Started by bpd1151, November 04, 2013, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Welcome, Jeff!  Glad to know a little about the person behind the camera :)  What do you drive now, and what kind of vehicles do you like, in general?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

HKMediaChicago

Quote from: SHOdded on November 06, 2013, 12:25:32 PM
Welcome, Jeff!  Glad to know a little about the person behind the camera :)  What do you drive now, and what kind of vehicles do you like, in general?

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I've come from a long line of vehicles..

My first car in high school was a 95 Oldsmobile Delta 88, the old 3800 series 1 motor.
Handled like a boat, but drove like it was on clouds. Lasted me for about 2 years until we gave it away to charity.
My second car was a an 03 350z track slammed on tein monoflex coilovers and on enkei rpf1 wheels in staggered fitment, nothing else done to that, owned it for a year before selling it to an old friend of mine.
My third car was a 04 rsx-s, I had it comptech supercharged, rolling on stock wheels, pure sleeper, sold it after a year of ownership.
My fourth car while owning the 04 rsx-s was a 04 infiniti g35 coupe black on black, greddy twin turbo running a conservative 17 psi, lowered on eibachs, factory brembos, running diamond audio d3's in the trunk, and HKS hi-power exhaust. Sold after 1 year of ownership a few months after I sold the rsx-s to an out of state client.
My fifth car was an 04 mitsubishi evo, slammed on Tein coilovers, nothing else done, didn't mess with the oem turbo, tuning, anything, sold after 7 months, my insurance skyrocketed with that car, dumb choice on my part.
My sixth car was a 02 IS300 single turbo, black onyx on black, wasn't fully my car, my buddy and I bought it together as a project car, I ended up letting him take the title and he gave me some cash for it, I believe he still drives it to this very day.
My seventh car was actually an old 99 TRD supercharged toyota solara. I had this lowered, trd factory lip kid, custom painted wheels, sounds, custom interior, the works... but after owning it for about 1.5 years, the motor was needing a new head gasket and the s/c was starting to need a rebuild as is.. so I parted everything out and gave it away to charity.
My eight car was an 06 g35 coupe- wasn't twin turbo like my old 04, it was a fully built motor with a custom tune, custom titanium exhaust, some navi/electronic work with custom gauges integrated into the LCD dash, had some rare and very expensive wheels on there in a custom carbon black finish. I ended up selling this car to a private party due to the car blowing through 2 motors (oil consumption issues - relations to a popular TSB among these cars), and wanting something new.

My current vehicle is an 04 s2000. Bright yellow, heh. I never figured myself to be a convertible guy, but as Mike knows, I was avid in the motorcycle world for a while, I raced plenty at the Autobahn, Gingerman and Blackhawkfarms here in Chicago. After I put up my leathers in my room and helmets on my shelves for the time being, I wanted something that could give me the closest thing to two wheels as possible, and after nearly half a year of research, boom.. here we are.

I purchased the 04 s2000 in July of 2012 (so just last year) with only 7,000 miles on the odometer from a retired doctor, in needless to say mint condition. As of today it is daily driven (as much as people say that it should be saved from daily driven) because in my mind, if I don't drive it, someone else will, and I want to enjoy it no matter what - and sits as is with about 22,7xx miles on it.

I just have it lightly lowered, added the oem front lip on it, and that's it. I don't plan to do anything to cars anymore, I'm planning to get married and all expenses are going towards that as well as other priorities. I enjoy tinkering here and there with friends' vehicles or my own but nothing significant. The only thing I'd like to have is the oem hardtop which is no long available, and replicas for me are out of the question, as I'm not a fan.

A picture is attached (I gave it teeth for Halloween, haha), sorry for the long post, and thank you again.
www.hkmediachicago.com
www.linkedin.com/in/jefferyliu
www.youtube.com/TofuProductionCinema

SHOdded

Oldsmobile, mmm.  That brings back memories!

You've been away from the "domestic" scene for a while, and with good reason (your list is impressive).  But I really like your current DD.  Definitely well taken care of!  I know of a couple of members on other forums that have an S2K, one is red, the other bluish gray.  Droolworthy :)

Like the teeth, just don't put a clownface in there :o
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

HKMediaChicago

Thank you, SHOdded.

I'm actually not partial to just imports, I respect all cars - each has their own pros and cons in any platform. You can even ask Mike, the first time I set foot in his SHO was like, "What.....?" they've stepped their game up tremendously it's not even funny; so no clown stuff here! :P
www.hkmediachicago.com
www.linkedin.com/in/jefferyliu
www.youtube.com/TofuProductionCinema

bpd1151

I'm glad to see you registered here Jeff.

As most of you have seen, Jeff's talents both in front of, and behind the lens, is nothing short of spectacular.

Jeff has grown to become a very good friend of mine over the years, and as you can see by his extensive list of vehicles owned, and mods performed, he's certainly not shy to the world of automobiles.

I would highly recommend any of you living in the Midwest Region, who may be desiring photographic services, whether of your cars, events, family, etc. You should really reach out to him.

He's always the consummate professional, and as you can see from all of the photos i've posted previously, his work speaks for itself.

Somehow saying "thanks" to Jeff, just doesn't seem to quite cover it, or do it's proper justice.

:thankyou:

Mike :beer:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

DJE624

ZSHO

Here are some restored PICS for your viewing pleasure! courtesy of bpd1151.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|