• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Fall Photo Shoot w/ HKMediaChicago....

Started by bpd1151, November 04, 2013, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Well, after a long, hard month of rather challenging health issues, I was very VERY happy to get together once again with my pal Jeff Liu, owner of www.hkmediachicago.com for an overdue photo shoot.

Taking advantage of the incredibly outstanding weather experienced here today in the Chi-Town area (Sunny, temps in the mid 50's) Jeff and I got together, along with my another pal of mine, Mr. Nick Madsen, owner of a pretty sick 2012 supercharged Mustang GT (also rock'n the same black & white theme).

We tried snap'n off a few shots in an area that we thought was going to be somewhat "quiet" but it quickly appeared after we arrived, that everyone else had similar ideas of enjoying the outdoor weather before old man Winter comes a knock'n. There was so many joggers, bikers, cars, etc. that I quickly suggested we hit a different location.

We relocated to a quiet forest preserve near my house and obtained some great pics. It was funny to see the reaction of the various people moving past our cars. The eye raping was in full effect for sure.

My pal Jeff also managed to capture some pretty cool "rolling" pics as we were motoring down various expressways and roadways, while travelling to/from our various photo op spots. Very cool! :ok:

I'll also toss in a little video towards the end. Nothing long, just a little audio clip essentially of my pal's Mustang and his exhaust, along with a short clip of me depressing the accelerator about a 1/3rd of the way down, just to be able to hear the new turbos spooling up, and my exhaust.

Enjoy all of what follows!

I'll start off with an ugly mug of me staring off at my pal's Mustang, whilst Jeff captures me doing so, while simultaneously catching a glimpse of my SHO in the background.....

Then a few in the Forest Preserve.....

And a couple of rolling shots while motoring down a local expressway.....

bpd1151

Next up, here's a few dual shots of both my SHO, and my pal Nick's 2012 Supercharged Mustang GT.....

One of Nick captured while he was looking at his ride in the background....

Along with some individual shots in the Forest Preserve......

And rounding out the pics, a few rolling shots motoring down the expressway, and local roads.....

bpd1151

Finally, here's the video clip I was mentioning that I'd toss in on the end of all the pictures:

http://youtu.be/a-SgxvYR1GY

Now I had a list of all the mod's my pal has installed into his Mustang, but for the love of God, I accidentally deleted it all. It's too late for me to be hitting him up now, but I'll ask him to resend, and then I'll post 'em back up here once I get them (again).

Hope y'all liked the thread!

Mike :beer:

SHOdded

A couple of splendid beasts on the prowl!  Your car is just unbelievable, looks & sound, Mike.  I would put it in a display case somewhere for fear of smudging it with fingerprints & drool :)  New turbos, yay!  BTW, we need an engine bay shot of the Stang too!

Excellent photoshoot locations & angles.  :thumb: for HKMedia.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

bpd1151

Thanks guys! :thankyou:

It was an indescribably good time and I always get a kick out of watching my photographer pal in action.

As we discussed following the photo shoot (while enjoying some wings, and cold beer), he has a real talent and it's cool to see the images and how he captures them at the lens end of his equipment.

Always a fun time and memorable too! My pal promised to procure one, two, or more, of his various model friends for future shoots.  :wub:  :bananahump:  :spiteful:

They were all unavailable for various reasons yesterday.  :cry1:

Ummmm....... what else?  :dunno:

Oh yeah, sound of my SHO. Both of my friends commented how they could so easily hear the new ATP Turbos spooling up that it was pretty crazy to/for them. My only hang up as you know at this point in time, is waiting to "dial" her in with the proper tune.

But all in due time, as is the case with most of the mods executed on my ride thus far.

Speaking of mods...... my pal got back to me with his list of stuff performed on his 2012 Mustang GT so far.

They are:

2012 Mustang GT 5.0
Brembo "Track Pack" Pkg.
6spd Manual
3.73 Gears
Eibach Sportline Suspension
Boss Front Bumper Lip
MGW Short Shifter
19" Avant Garde Wheels (255/40 19's up front, & 295/35 19's in the rear)
Ford GT500 Mufflers
Steeda Cat Delete Pipes
Magnuson Supercharger (@ 9psi for now, as he needs to tune his properly, just like me)
CFM Throttle Body & CAI
Ford 47lb Fuel Injectors
JLT Carbon Fiber Splash Guards
Window Tint

Finally, he didn't want any engine bay shots as he was hung over a tad from the previous night's umm, err.... "festivities" shall we say?  :alkashi:

So he never detailed it, and when he did open the hood, to show me the Supercharger, I gave him all sorts of sh!t for having such a dirty engine bay.

tsk, tsk, tsk.....   :nono:  :nonono:

Glad you guys liked the newest photos!

DJE624

Thanks for the pics.  Looking good as usual.

TouchOfEvil

The car is looking great! Keep up the good work.
2014 XSport

steve142857

Love it Mike! Thanks for posting. I'm sure you had a blast. You dedicate so much time on your ride, needless to say that the results are incredible and you sure have a ride to be proud of. Nice theme and good balance of performance and aesthetic mods. It would still be a nice looking car without the performance additions, but you diserve much more respect for making it fast to support how it looks.
Good job boy, proud of you!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

bpd1151

Thanks Steve for the kind words.

She's a never ending work in progress, and I'm always conjuring up new aspects of her ongoing metamorphous.

DJE624

It will be interesting to see how you top the turbo upgrade.

FoMoCoSHO

Those gloss black accents really set the car off....

Beautiful car and great pics!

:bowdown:

bpd1151

Thanks! :thankyou:

I've caught varying degrees of flack over the years, about the gloss black accents.

I think it's all balanced itself out well.

Now to just get those TSW Nurburgring's PC'd, & I'll be set! :ok:

mjhpadi

Great photos, I swear your car gets better looking every time you post a photo...although you need to stand a little closer to the razor then next time you shave!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

HKMediaChicago

Hello everyone here on EcoBoost,

I'm Jeff, the founder of H&K Media (www.hkmediachicago.com), and Mike's pal for a number of years. Thank you all for the compliments on the photos, while I hardly consider myself a true professional by any means, I've always taken positive and constructive criticisms to help further my reach within the media world.

Mike and I have shared the same passion for motorwork as long as we have known each other and I've been truly blessed to not only watch him use his own creativity and apply it with perfection, but to inspire those around him as well; never being too busy to stop for a minute and answer every person's question(s) [a good notation of that would be at the IVVC visit we made].

This shoot itself was quite fun, unfortunately, a few of the models that I gave a heads up to prior, were all booked with prior engagements.

Myself never owning a ford (or even considering one to be honest), after being around Mike's gorgeous SHO, as well as seeing a lot of members' rides on this site, it is almost making me reconsider what my next vehicle should be.

Sorry for the long post, and again, thank you for the compliments, Mike's car (and the latter) makes it easy to make the photographs look as wonderful as they do.

Drive safe and stay tuned (pun intended).

- Jeffery

www.hkmediachicago.com
www.linkedin.com/in/jefferyliu
www.youtube.com/TofuProductionCinema