• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Half Shaft Failure on 2013 SHO PP at 45,970.6 Miles!!!

Started by crashnburn, October 28, 2013, 11:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TouchOfEvil

Well that sucks. Broken many a transmissions, never fun.
2014 XSport

crashnburn

I investigated a little more and realized that the cv cup backed off of the spline. Ill post the link below. I had to hold the camera the wrong way cause that's the only way it would fit and get that close to the action.

It didn't make it in to the service department today because I had to work. I also want to be there when the rollback comes to haul it. I don't want them accidentally messing up my wheels or car with their straps, chains, and hooks. It will be going first thing in the morning for a checkup since I will be off work.

2013 Taurus SHO PP with broke half shaft
2013 SHO PP, No Mods Yet...

EcoBrick Bob

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

crashnburn

Status update on the passenger side broken axle shaft...

Ford currently has the front end pulled apart and is waiting on the new axle shaft to arrive. The service writer was not sure if the mechanic determined what caused this failure, so I asked them to have the mechanic look for anything that could have caused this issue.

Has anyone else on this forum heard of this same issue happening to any other 2010-2014 ecoboost vehicles?
2013 SHO PP, No Mods Yet...

Shifrty1

Yep I took mine in for it's free maintenance (oil chang and tire replacement) on tuesday.  they found the outer boot, right side shaft was spewing grease.  they are ordering a new shaft so I can get it rplaced.  the car has 7500 miles on it...
Sorry Officer, thought that sign was merely a suggestion for old folks...  My bad...

2013 SHO  Livernois Tune, AIRRAID CAI traded but always in my heart
2008 Shelby GT500

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: crashnburn on October 31, 2013, 10:36:57 AM
Status update on the passenger side broken axle shaft...

Ford currently has the front end pulled apart and is waiting on the new axle shaft to arrive. The service writer was not sure if the mechanic determined what caused this failure, so I asked them to have the mechanic look for anything that could have caused this issue.

Has anyone else on this forum heard of this same issue happening to any other 2010-2014 ecoboost vehicles?

See if you can get the broken part, I'd love to send off an axle (or both) to DSS to have some beefy ones made.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

whitltng

thats off by alot has to be the wrong size axle.. ive seen bent axles get spaced out but not fall off

Lanson

Mine fell out of the cups when I was doing my springs up front.  That was not fun.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune