• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Data logging with Torque

Started by Larrylu, November 02, 2013, 09:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

I'm all set up with a Nexus 7 running Torque for gauges. I'd like to try logging but have some questions before I try. How many parameters can/should I log at one time?  What parameters would be most important to log.  If I'm logging is the gauge display affected or slow down?  Lastly what is the best way to handle/process the file from the Nexus. Any advice is appreciated.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

Which obd interface are you using? I have the MX and you can see some of my logs in the E-85 is awesome thread. I monitor quite a few pids with no noticeable slowdown on gauge function. I output the CSV files which should be stored on your SD card under Torque Logs.

Larrylu

I'm using the MX also. I set the Nexus up long enough ago that I forget whether or not I used an SD card. If that is where Torque saves the log files, it would be easy enough to load them onto the desktop to analyze. How many parameters are you logging at once? 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

SD card is where its stored on my Droid. I couldn't get it to work unless I used the CSV files. There are two torque log files but only one has my csv files saved to it.

Larrylu

Thanks for the advice. Think I'll give it a try first chance I get.

FoMoCoSHO

The CSV files can be a PITA to read.

I need to figure out how to make the headers roll when you scroll the tables down.

Any excel wizards out there?

SHOdded

I usually do it by freezing/splitting panes.  Still on 2003 version (!), there is a shortcut on the scroll bar at the top (looks like a small horizontal bar above the UP arrow), you can grab it and put it beneath the last row you want to be "static".  A horizontal gray bar will appear underneath the column to show the separation.  Then place the cursor below that and scroll away.  To undo, simply doubleclick on the horizontal gray bar below the "frozen" row.  If you use the menu and go with Windows, Freeze Panes, it splits both rows and columns, not too useful.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!