• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need some non EB advice...

Started by FaSSt9602, July 14, 2013, 12:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaSSt9602

PTM my new grill shell with flat black powder coated inserts or leave them satin?

Probably PTM the lower bumper cover too...

Or leave the old one and no PTM?

Sent from my mobile gizmo

2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

PopolZ

I flat black everything so flat black  :-[
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

mjhpadi

I think before going flat black I would take into consideration how tough it will be to keep the grill looking clean and sharp.  In my limited experience flat black is a real bear to keep looking good, and with the grill being subject to a lot of road dirt, bug debris, and other stuff, I think it would be much easier to keep it clean and dirt resistant if it were satin. I'm really not sure if there is anything to help it resist having dirt and grime stick to it if it is flat black...certainly can't put a coat of wax or two on it.  I doubt that you could use any paint sealant either to help protect it.  It's your call, but I think it would sure be easier to protect and keep clean in a satin...but if that's not a high priority flat black would be OK.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

FaSSt9602

Well,  since I was in pretty far with my fuel system,  what's a couple more bolts and clamps...

GO big or go home!  65mm modded stock VGT turbo us going back in the old girl!

Sent from my mobile gizmo

2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.