• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 SHO misfire

Started by SHORunning, March 30, 2015, 05:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I have them on my car for over a year know along with the PPE catted DP from 4DRHTRD,EPP Mike .B

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

It's easy to build a boost leak test kit. I have one at home in the attic. Had an FMIC with a good deal of rigid pipe routing on my previous car, and would regularly check for leaks. I checked when I first obtained the SHO, from suggested posts here about leakage from the factory.

My opinion is that it is worth checking periodically anyway, on FI engines.

Just Google DIY boost leak tester, build one and check. It's better than what your dealer's service department will do.
2013 SHO PP

14SHOCAR

Did you figure out what's going on with this?
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHORunning

Guys,

My car is full LME Downpipes NO CATS, Corsa exhaust, 3 bar, plugs gapped to .30, Tstat, Airaid intake and LME Tune. I want to make sure this is it from previous posts.  Is there anyone in MN willing to meet up at Cars and Coffee this weekend?  I am new to Ford and would like to know what data logger you guys recommend. I have attached a video as well.  Thanks!
2014 SHO PP 35% Tint

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHORunning

I took the video from my iPhone and it wont let me attach a MOV file...
2014 SHO PP 35% Tint

SHOdded

Probably would be too large anyway.  I'd put it on Photobucker or Flickr and then post a link back here.

curry67

Quote from: ScherberSHO on April 01, 2015, 08:57:51 PM
I took the video from my iPhone and it wont let me attach a MOV file...
Should have got a android! Lol

SHORunning

Thanks for the idea guys, here is the link to view the video...

http://s304.photobucket.com/user/mscherber28/story
2014 SHO PP 35% Tint

SHORunning

What did you guys think of the video?
2014 SHO PP 35% Tint

SHOdded

Not seeing the issue, as the tach moves freely.  I am sure you can feel the difference, I just can't see it on this video.  You are running the V8 Version 3 tune?  Have you had the halfshaft recall check performed?  I did hear a "click" sound when you hit the 5K rev point, was that the road, or the car?  Repeatable?

If you have an Android device, I would suggest getting Torque Pro just to see what your ignition/fuel does in that rpm range.  I think MyCal can datalog also, but have no idea how to do it.

SHORunning

Thanks, yes it's easy to feel and hear.   Yes I am running v8 tune.  Not sure about the click, but yes the recall has been done
2014 SHO PP 35% Tint

Wojomojo

Quote from: ScherberSHO on March 31, 2015, 10:57:59 PM
Guys,

My car is full LME Downpipes NO CATS, Corsa exhaust, 3 bar, plugs gapped to .30, Tstat, Airaid intake and LME Tune. I want to make sure this is it from previous posts.  Is there anyone in MN willing to meet up at Cars and Coffee this weekend?  I am new to Ford and would like to know what data logger you guys recommend. I have attached a video as well.  Thanks!
Yay for fellow Minnesotans! Unfortunately I'm in northern MN otherwise I'd be happy to help out with some logging. I'll be moving to the cities May 30th as i am graduating college and got a job down there. We will have to meet up sometime and show off the SHO's!
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

SHORunning

Sounds good to me.  Feel free to PM me.
2014 SHO PP 35% Tint