• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Shaking at high speeds

Started by FracaSHO, October 18, 2013, 03:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

There have been times when accelerating from 4th or 5th gear it seems when up shifting 4,5 or 5,6 she slips out of gear. Usually the RPM's rev up a little, then she gets back into gear. This does not happen at WOT and only happened a few times. So today I'm on the expressway. I'm in 6th gear. I give it about 1/2 throttle, downshifts to 4th. Hold the throttle where it's at. Shifts to 5th with no issues. Right around the time she's about to shift into 6th I feel a shake in the front end only. She may or may not have slipped out of gear. I'm not sure because I immediately let off the throttle and coasted. Shake only lasted 1 to 2 seconds. The best way I can describe the shake is it felt like wheel hop when coming off the line. I was going about 75, it was dry out so I couldn't have lost traction, and there were no bumps in the road. I am at 31,000 miles, so I'm probably due for a trans fluid change. Other than that, any ideas, suggestions, anyone else experience this?  I have a 2010 with PP. I was not paddle shifting. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SHOdded

Are you up-to-date on your PCM versions?  Could be a valve body in the trans starting to act up.  Might be TSBs out there for similar issues, will check.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

You tuned?

Did you get updated tranny code?

FracaSHO

Ford did the update for the trans. I don't remember which TSB it was.

No tune, 100% stock...so far.

Brad

SHOdded

Was looking through TSBs for my vehicle, and the only similar one (that occurs at speed) I noticed was for a case of faulty OSS/TSS TSB 07-21-11.  I don't know if similar problems have been reported for the Taurii.  No codes set or no engine check light?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FracaSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 19, 2013, 02:30:44 AM
Was looking through TSBs for my vehicle, and the only similar one (that occurs at speed) I noticed was for a case of faulty OSS/TSS TSB 07-21-11.  I don't know if similar problems have been reported for the Taurii.  No codes set or no engine check light?

No codes, no wrench. I've been wanting to take her in anyway. Trans is usually working good, but sometimes the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are a little hard. Plus it slipping out a few times.

Brad