• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Possible spark blowout?

Started by TouchOfEvil, October 26, 2013, 04:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black99lightning

Quote from: DJE624 on December 12, 2013, 12:49:06 PM
They have their own version of the MyCal.
http://www.lundracing.com/shop/explorer-sport-ecoboost-flasher-by-lund-racing/

ok.  I think Torrie had told me he was waiting on SCT, so that makes sense.  I bought the mycal from LMS, but it hasn't left the box.  I'm still waiting on a reply from LMS regarding the fix if any for this issue.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

Ryan327

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on December 12, 2013, 11:29:39 AM
Quote from: DJE624 on December 12, 2013, 12:16:40 AM
A little birdie told me that the winter fuel and colder air temps have been a real pain for LMS.  But, they think they've got it and just need a few more days.
Winter fuel has nothing to do with the fuel pressure drop. I ran 104 octane race fuel with the 91v2 and hboost and the 93 v2 and hboost and they all dropped pressure at 4500 rpm. Winter fuel is their go to excuse but it is a false excuse.

I wouldn't be surprised at all that the fueling is going a bit lean and dropping, but everything I've discussed, but can't pass on, pretty much points to that not being the actual issue with the surging at ~4500-5500.  It has to do with how the tables in the tune interact and how you'd normally tune just about any other car causes an issue in our computers. 

I've tuned my own vehicle before but never seen the tables/layout of the explorer so this is all conjecture though.

Since our update came out a bit over a month ago I haven't had a single issue down to ~17 which is the lowest we've seen.  Still haven't seen an update for the SS tune, but I think thats been put on the back burner for awhile since they are going to move it over to a 3 bar setup.
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: Ryan327 on December 12, 2013, 10:36:38 PM
A little birdie told me that the winter fuel and colder air temps have been a real pain for LMS.  But, they think they've got it and just need a few more days.
Winter fuel has nothing to do with the fuel pressure drop. I ran 104 octane race fuel with the 91v2 and hboost and the 93 v2 and hboost and they all dropped pressure at 4500 rpm. Winter fuel is their go to excuse but it is a false excuse.

I wouldn't be surprised at all that the fueling is going a bit lean and dropping, but everything I've discussed, but can't pass on, pretty much points to that not being the actual issue with the surging at ~4500-5500.  It has to do with how the tables in the tune interact and how you'd normally tune just about any other car causes an issue in our computers. 

I've tuned my own vehicle before but never seen the tables/layout of the explorer so this is all conjecture though.

Since our update came out a bit over a month ago I haven't had a single issue down to ~17 which is the lowest we've seen.  Still haven't seen an update for the SS tune, but I think thats been put on the back burner for awhile since they are going to move it over to a 3 bar setup.

May have to make a move on the tuner if livernois doesn't get it fixed before too long.
2014 XSport

BiGMaC

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on December 12, 2013, 11:45:11 PM

May have to make a move on the tuner if livernois doesn't get it fixed before too long.

First, please understand that this post is not meant as a flame or a dis of any vendor or member.

I'm doing homework too. Planning, among other things, a tune in Jan.  One point on the unleashed tunes is that they are capable of data logging without other hardware (because of using an SCT tuner device) and this can be sent to get an individual update for your specific vehicle from unleashed. 

Livernois doesn't offer SCT for 2013 and up SHOs and has been working the current problems sited both generically and specifically in this forum on multiple threads for some time and it remains unclear what is global to the engine/ECU platform of the SHO/3.5EB and what is specific to individual vehicles. 

A lot of answers given to members seem (to me) to have been based on phone or email conversations rather than data logs. Is my thought a misconception?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 13, 2013, 12:27:01 AM

First, please understand that this post is not meant as a flame or a dis of any vendor or member.

I'm doing homework too. Planning, among other things, a tune in Jan.  One point on the unleashed tunes is that they are capable of data logging without other hardware (because of using an SCT tuner device) and this can be sent to get an individual update for your specific vehicle from unleashed. 

Livernois doesn't offer SCT for 2013 and up SHOs and has been working the current problems sited both generically and specifically in this forum on multiple threads for some time and it remains unclear what is global to the engine/ECU platform of the SHO/3.5EB and what is specific to individual vehicles. 

A lot of answers given to members seem (to me) to have been based on phone or email conversations rather than data logs. Is my thought a misconception?
In my case they did view the 3 vids i posted and it wasn't until then that they finally said yes we know about the issue and are working on a cure.
Until then i got the winter fuel excuse. Which was a couple weeks trying to get answers.

SCT does not offer tuning for the esport yet or i'd be all over that!
2014 XSport

black99lightning

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on December 13, 2013, 01:56:31 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on December 13, 2013, 12:27:01 AM

In my case they did view the 3 vids i posted and it wasn't until then that they finally said yes we know about the issue and are working on a cure.
Until then i got the winter fuel excuse. Which was a couple weeks trying to get answers.

SCT does not offer tuning for the esport yet or i'd be all over that!

Did LMS get you straight.  I will probably be loading a tune into the Xsport this next week.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7