• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H+R Springs: Alignment

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, October 22, 2013, 07:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

For all you guys out there running the H+R Springs, how was your alignment of your camber following the drop?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

bigmoneycloser

I haven't installed mine yet. (X-Sport)But after they are installed I will take my truck to the local Volkswagen dealer for alignment.  The VW is a big tuner car and VW at least here in jersey has embarrassed it and they have a really nice alignment set up that won't damage your wheels like a tradition shop would...
Just my 2 cents
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

Courier6

If your asking if car needs brought back into specs the answer is yes, Livernois did my drop and took it straight to Dearborn Ford for the work.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

SRT82ECOBOOST

I guess I should have clarified and said did you vehicle go back within specs following the drop and adjustment?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

thatsmrgimp2u

Mine did, no additional hardware required.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

EcoBrick Bob

The rear needs some heavy torque adjustment to get it into spec when aligning.  There are brackets you can buy to make it easier, but at least in my instance there was no problem getting everything to spec out.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

BPD did an article in the how to section, just FYI.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

I had no issues with my 13 getting back into spec; I did put a little camber in for handling and I like it -- she swings around corners like a cheerleader on prom night!

arttyszka

Same here, no issues going back to stock specs.
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's

Lanson

I just loaded the OEM info for the shop I was at and showed them how it was done, since their alignment machines had zero info on it.  At first they didn't believe me but when I asked them to just loosen the bolt and pull, it moved and started going back into spec.  I had them shove with all their might and lock back on the other side maximum, then torque back down.  Finally a quick toe adjustment brought both toe and camber in the rear back into spec, just barely. 

Prior to the alignment, I was in the -2.5 degree range per side (in the rear).

Remember on the front, you can spin the strut mount 180 deg to get an additional .5 degrees positive camber per side if you need it.  Mine was within spec even dropped.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoBrick Bob

Front was fine... Rear is where you have to wrench it!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.