• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Transverse Intercooler discussion

Started by bpd1151, October 21, 2013, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Damn you F150 EB owners.....  >:D

AMR..... I (and SEVERAL other SHO owners) can only pray that your company can mock up something for our specific vehicle like you did for those dasterdly F150 owners.

:sos:

SHOdded

Great to see a full system, looks splendid!  Welcome aboard!  Any possibilities for the transverse engined crowd?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOdded on October 21, 2013, 06:19:35 PM
Great to see a full system, looks splendid!  Welcome aboard!  Any possibilities for the transverse engined crowd?
You can't fit an intercooler on our cars....
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Tsk tsk tsk....

Knowing that you, Darrell, myself. FirstSHO As well as a couple others, are leading the way as far as pioneering new mods.....

I'm sure where there is a will, there is a way...

I will bet that whether it is AMR, or some other vendor, I'm positive a solution can be found.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

SHOdded

Sheetmetal work may be involved, is my guess/fear.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

An air to air front Mount won't physically fit.  Unless someone invents tartarus technology it won't happen.  You can do a water to air if you take out stock air box, I'll be doing that soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

bpd1151

I know there's some availability of room ABOVE the front frame rail, between the area behind the upper grille, and the factory intercooler/radiator combo.....

My guess would be any system that could be made to fit there would involve custom fab work, etc.

Or, perhaps an entirely different mounting area/solution.

Either way, i'm sure us lowly SHO folks would appreciate any type of enhancment (to the factory system).

Whether that entails R&D work by an interested vendor, or w/e you may be conjuring up in your dungeon 4DR.

Muahahahahahahaha......

EcoPowerParts

You can't fit a core big enough to support the HP requirement there. I'll keep saying it.... You could fit a 200HP core there but what's the point. 500HP cores are BIG not something tiny. You just can't fit one there.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

Maybe replumb the AC lines to get a jacket around the intercooler, provide a "boost" of sorts to the IC?

FracaSHO

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on October 21, 2013, 08:47:32 PM
You can't fit a core big enough to support the HP requirement there. I'll keep saying it.... You could fit a 200HP core there but what's the point. 500HP cores are BIG not something tiny. You just can't fit one there.

Just for the sake of argument, what exactly gets in the way of mounting an air to air intercooler big enough to support our HP needs?  I realize that's like asking "What gets in the way of adding 1 quart of oil to an already full 5 quart jug?" But what I'm getting at is, what can be removed, relocated, etc. to make room?  I know the intercooler would be big, but could the dimensions be tinkered with making it wider and shorter, or taller and thinner, etc. to fit? 

I believe you know way more than me on this subject and you are probably right. However, I also agree with BPD. Nothing is impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

EcoPowerParts

I don't believe you can fit a 500HP core where you guys want to put it, definitely can't fit a 750HP core. Water to air will fit but 500HP core is pretty decently sized.
Here's some ebay 500HP intercoolers.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.X500hp+intercooler&_nkw=500hp+intercooler&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Now if you remove the front bumper support and just do some type of aluminum (not any type of crash support) bumper mount you MIGHT be able to sneak something in there.

On the Flex it's a NO GO, there's just no room with our bumper cover.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

EcoBrick Bob

The solution is SIMPLE... Add it to the front of the car in front of the bumper & grille and paint it WHITE!   OOPs???? My Bad!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

yowen

Haha, top mount intercooler like a subaru? That would take some sheet metal work, I'm sure. It would probably also be less efficient.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

AMR Performance

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 21, 2013, 06:36:50 PM
Tsk tsk tsk....

Knowing that you, Darrell, myself. FirstSHO As well as a couple others, are leading the way as far as pioneering new mods.....

I'm sure where there is a will, there is a way...

I will bet that whether it is AMR, or some other vendor, I'm positive a solution can be found.

Quote from: SHOdded on October 21, 2013, 06:19:35 PM

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 21, 2013, 05:37:08 PM
Damn you F150 EB owners.....  >:D

AMR..... I (and SEVERAL other SHO owners) can only pray that your company can mock up something for our specific vehicle like you did for those dasterdly F150 owners.

:sos:

Thank you all for the kind words.

Seems our thread got split up. No worries.

We would not have problem designing a kit for this vehicle as long as the demand was there.

However we currently do not have this vehicle in-house. Therefore a "donor" would be needed.

-Robert