• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Changed plugs...interesting

Started by Needmoreboost, October 31, 2013, 05:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curry67

Quote from: black99lightning on January 11, 2014, 02:50:00 PM
pic of my plugs.  Have never had an issue with the way the vehicle ran. 

That really makes me wanna change my plugs lol. So for 2010 If i were to goto a dealer i just request that plug and the .30 gap? Would they be able to tell me the gaps my plugs were at? if it were a dealer...

DJE624

They should if you ask them.  Or, just ask them for the old plugs.

DJE624

Quote from: black99lightning on January 11, 2014, 02:50:00 PM
pic of my plugs.  Have never had an issue with the way the vehicle ran. 

Those aren't too bad.  I've seen a lot worse. 

curry67

If you leave traction control on in a non pp. how would the car react at WOT. turn onto a highway from a 90 turn and floor it the car felt like it was cycling fullpower then 80 percent. Im scheduled to get new plugs next monday at .30. So hopefully that ends my frustration. Btw no lights or warnings.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

DJE624

If your wheels break loose when TC is on, the car goes crazy.  It's either a power cut, abs kicking in and/or both.  I've done it a couple of times, forgetting to turn it off when I want to launch hard.

curry67

That would expain it. If feels like a truer car with it off. I swear with all this new tech in this motor it feels different every start. I swear the 0 to 60 goes from 6 at its worst to like under 5.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

68_GT

also our boost bleeds off after 5k rpms. Once I get to a ceratin speed at wide open throttle and my revs stay above 5k rpms it doesnt much feel like a boosted car anymore. Or well, not as obvious I guess.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler