• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock downpipes needed, 2013 SHO

Started by Courier6, September 16, 2013, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courier6

I am having trouble getting the readiness for inspection reset for emissions testing here in Tennessee. I am throwing a code P0420 when I flash back to stock and might have to return to stock down pipes in order to pass the emissions test.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

DJE624

That's a bummer.  I'll have to remember to save my stock pipes if I ever do that mod.  They don't test by me now but you never know! 

EcoPowerParts

I have a set of stock cat downpipes but my cat to mid-pipe is modified with an H pipe to put a cutout on. I'd sell you them for $200 + shipping if you wanted them, they have value to somebody who wants to do a cutout on stock downpipes. :)

Just FYI, the PPE pipes are the only catted downpipes to pass emissions regularly. I'd buy anyone's catless (whoever is cheapest) but go PPE for no P0420 codes.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

mhenne4

2011 Silver SHO with PP
LMS Stage 4+

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: mhenne4 on September 16, 2013, 03:58:28 PM
Cant the tune turn off the code?
Alot of states are moving to readiness checks, if you turn off the rear O2 and the code then you fail the readiness check and fail emissions. It's becoming more and more important to have cat'd downpipes that pass readiness checks. Just sticking a cheap cat on a set of pipes might pass a visual but won't pass these readiness type emissions tests.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SHOdded

Need to feed dummy data to the OBD at da flip of da switch?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott13SHO

Quote from: mhenne4 on September 16, 2013, 03:58:28 PM
Cant the tune turn off the code?

The issue is this...every time you flash or clear the code, the computer goes to a zero mileage state...or something along those lines, not sure of the correct terminology to use.

For example, my Fiancee's Escape was tripping the Check engine light, I thought it was the O2 senors, but it winded up that it was part of the capless fuel system, a valve failed and was sucking fumes into something it shouldn't have been. Anyways I was clearing the code for her and she went to inspection (I live in MD, they use Cali emissions standards IIRC) they hooked up to the OBD port and asked if she had work done to the car and asked to her come back after in a few weeks because it didn't have enough mileage on it to do the proper testing.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

SHOdded

So you'd need to crack the mileage setting also.  No such requirement for vehicles with tailpipe testing.  I'd think it is the relearn period after reset, no?  If we can figure out the readiness monitors involved, should work.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOdded on September 17, 2013, 05:06:07 PM
So you'd need to crack the mileage setting also.  No such requirement for vehicles with tailpipe testing.  I'd think it is the relearn period after reset, no?  If we can figure out the readiness monitors involved, should work.
No, that won't work. :)
You either need to put in a downpipe that has cats that the rear O2 will actually be able to read from and not say that the cats are bad or some type of super fancy O2 simulation device to plug into the rear O2's. I've heard rumors of these being out there in the wild and allowing anything to pass emissions but they're highly illegal.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 17, 2013, 05:08:11 PM
I've heard rumors of these being out there in the wild and allowing anything to pass emissions but they're highly illegal.

Understood.  Personally, I support max clean air, having had to be in traffic countless times behind gunk and smog spewing vehicles.  This is a theoretical venture for me, to get an understanding of how the OBD sensors/data/emissions testing interplay.

twnscrw13

Hmmm.. I got the catted downpipes from LMS.  Have folks been having issues with these passing emissions?
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

mval

Have received  PPE's down pipes from 4DR as in St. Louis emissions test required, hopefully will be installed in next week or 2, depends on my guy & his schedule. Then will give an update, real test in next Jun.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Courier6

You should not have an issue, once the car achieved "readiness" I breezed through the Tennessee state inspection.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580