• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blacked out 2.0l ecoboost fusion

Started by Fordman77, October 12, 2013, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fordman77

Quote from: SHOdded on November 03, 2014, 03:41:00 PM
I see appearances in some custom rod magazines in the near future :drive:
Haha one can only hope!
-Fswerks (Randy) 93 oct. tune, -OCD Speed 3" downpipe,
-straightline performance 3" cbe, -levels performance 2.5" hot side charge pipe,- straightline performance 3" turbo inlet pipe, -steeda air box replacement -ATP FMIC upgrade
-Eibach sport springs -steeda sway bar-snow performance water meth kit

Fordman77

Ok so I've been stocking up this winter so I thought I would check in with some of the parts that will find their way onto the car before spring.

I decided to go with the 3dcarbon body kit to give it a more aggressive look and still having an OEM fit

I Finally got snow performance's upgraded controller so I can run my water/meth kit as a progressive kit!

I have decided to relocate my water/meth injection point to just after the throttle body with this throttle body spacer!

I also have this beautiful intake manifold spacer from steeda. (Sadly it may not be there long as it may be replaced with a port fuel injection setup being developed at the moment.)

I also have a couple more big things I'm waiting on being made and finding there way to my house!

-straightline performance 3" cbe, -levels performance 2.5" hot side charge pipe,- straightline performance 3" turbo inlet pipe, -steeda air box replacement -ATP FMIC upgrade

SHOdded

Sounds like you are on the hunt to double the OEM hp/tq output (at the least)!  Sweet :thumb:  PFI coz out of fuel?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Fordman77

Quote from: SHOdded on December 23, 2014, 11:10:44 PM
Sounds like you are on the hunt to double the OEM hp/tq output (at the least)!  Sweet :thumb:  PFI coz out of fuel?
Yep the fuel ceiling appears to be about 360whp. water/meth will allow you to push that a little further however to do it safely and to make sure the internals are happy more fuel is needed. There was on st who just dynoed today with the same 2.0l ecoboost with stock internals and block who made 420whp/450wtq on e30 and direct port water meth injection but was running very risky AFR's in my opinion at WOT. He said that he maxed out the GTX2867R turbo and could push it more with a bigger turbo.

SHOdded

What kind of lag times for the bigger turbo was he looking at?  I suppose you could cut down on that with lighter, stronger internals.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Fordman77

I have the same GTX2867R and it actually spools up relatively quickly. They have gotten very good at tuning the variable cam timing to help the turbo spool quickly. I'm seeing 20psi at about 2700-2800 RPMs I'm guessing he is about the same. Guys are starting to go with larger frame turbos like the GTX3071R and bigger now that fuel options and better tuning are coming out.

SHOdded

Fordman77

Yea so I'm looking forward to the year! Now hopefully I can get more fusions to buy parts from Livernois so they will make us an upgraded transmission.

Fordman77

Started the car up the other day and got a quick video of the exhaust after it warmed up.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaKZodcUXI

Livernois Motorsports

Fordman77

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 03, 2015, 10:14:13 AM
Sounds pretty angry! Nice work!
Thank you sir! Any chance you guys will be offering a tuner downpipe combo right around tax return time? I would like to push some guys your way so we can get some of those Dp sold!

SHOdded

SHOnUup

Solid! Listen to that whistle too!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Livernois Motorsports