• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tune compatibility with upgraded turbos + catted downpipes

Started by ONLYA6, October 23, 2013, 05:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONLYA6

So when I get home this weekend from a work trip my upgraded turbos from 4DR will be waiting for me. All-in-all plans are for turbos, downpipes, meth, and a dynotune at Livernois. Due to work scheduling I probably won't be able to get up to Michigan until first of the year.

I know I can toss on the upgraded turbos with no tuning issues but I might as well go ahead and change out the downpipes since they have to come off anyway. I'll be itching to go ahead and install these so I will get the PPE catted downpipes and put them on to.

Will adding the downpipes also cause any issues by running my current LMS 93 tune?
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

EcoPowerParts

Nope, you'll be fine. No tune update required for downpipes. You'll just spool faster.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SRT82ECOBOOST

I will say that you guys that are throwing on mods that will probably tweak you to running a little lean without a tune adjustment are braver than I.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on October 23, 2013, 06:35:01 PM
I will say that you guys that are throwing on mods that will probably tweak you to running a little lean without a tune adjustment are braver than I.
Nope, the car runs to commanded AFR UNTIL you run out of fuel. As long as you have capacity if you have tuned it for .78 lambda it will kill itself to hit that mark.
VERY smart ECU.
If for some reason you do start trending lean the car shuts the throttle body until it recovers AFR. My car should have blown up many times by now due to mishaps with the aux fuel system and being at WOT, the car should have gone lean, detonated and destroyed itself. It did not, not once, not twice 10's (maybe 100's) of times now.
With mild upgrades on pump gas it does a great job of making sure it is safe. If you have too much timing though, that can be an issue, not lean but timing.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FoMoCoSHO

TouchOfEvil

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 23, 2013, 06:59:05 PM
What do you consider too much timing?
That is going to depend on allot of factors. Octane rating used in the vehicle, high or low temps can have a big swing effect. Altitude plays a roll, humidity.....the list goes on.
2014 XSport

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: TouchOfEvil on October 23, 2013, 07:48:57 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 23, 2013, 06:59:05 PM
What do you consider too much timing?
That is going to depend on allot of factors. Octane rating used in the vehicle, high or low temps can have a big swing effect. Altitude plays a roll, humidity.....the list goes on.
Better question....do you think the timing can get out of whack on a stock tune? I ask because I'm playing with E-85 and I'm seeing timing advance @WOT/full boost around 20-21 ish.