• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Intelligent AWD Gauge Possible?

Started by jmr061, February 09, 2014, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: adamantium on March 15, 2014, 01:00:33 AM
Sorry gents if it didn't work. Photobucket is a pain sometimes. Thanks BiGMaC for organizing it better. It's a menu option on the X sport. Shows where the power is being transferred. If you notice normal mode more power to the front. Sand mode little more equal front and rear. Just giving a visual for those who try to activate the feature.

And a great idea too.... Well illustrated in the vids!
Yea, I use a youtube for vids now (different compression loads quicker) after I had the same experience you did.
There's a thread here where folks were convinced they got better holeshots with sand mode... this shows likely why.

Way to go!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

adamantium

Probably have to start using YouTube then. I was playing with it a little today and actually got the rear bars full before the front ones. Not sure how. I also noticed in sand mode taking a turn and getting on it seemed to provoke more power from the front wheels like it was trying to pull itself around the corner.
2013 Explorer Sport. Stock for now.

Boggus

Had mine programmed along with Hours meter.  Not that it does much, but fun to mash the throttle and see how the front/rear ratio works!  45 minutes and $52 later ....
2013 unleashed SHO PP

Lanson

Can I get my SCT tuner to tune this in, while providing me a tune?
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

jmr061

The tuners I have spoken to have no clue what as built data is so I'll say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

adelsin

BigMac, have you found a dealer in phoenix to enable this?
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

goblues38

Since I have a 2014 Ex Sport and it has this feature.  I can find no real world application where its important.

All it does is tell us what we already know for our Taurus.  The platform is a FWD platform that send a little power to the back.

On the Ex Sport, yes, more power goes to the rear in different drive modes, but again...anyone with half a brain expects it.

In my 2013 SHO.  I can think of not a single time where I wish I had that gauge.

2013 SHO w/pp
     -35% tint
     -relay wired to have parking lights on any time car is running
     -SCTx4 (Torrie Tune)
2014 Explorer Sport

adelsin

I can think of not a single time where I wish I had that gauge.

Same is said to any upgrade.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.