• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anybody run into a read strategy failed 32 18 on SCT?

Started by EcoPowerParts, October 19, 2013, 12:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

After uploading many tunes to my car recently as I go through the process of learning how to tune it I received an read strategy failed 32 18 this afternoon and can't upload a new tune or return to stock. If I return to stock it complains about v bat voltage (we put it on a charger, no luck). I also tried disconnecting battery for a few minutes then reconnecting, still no luck.
Let me know if you've ran into this, car takes tunes no problem usually, first time I've ran into this.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

I had that same code back when I had an SCT device for my Charger.

Scratching my head though as to your plight, because IIRC, I was able to return the car to the stock file.

I eventually ditched the SCT & purchased a Diablosport device.

I'm willing to bet that SCT has the definition of that code, and/or it's work around. You think they'd have limited hours on a Saturday?

"Sent while on the road, burn'n meth, screeching tires, winding out the gears, & push'n the twins"

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoBrick Bob

Very simple fix... Spend hours (dealing with Alvin the Chipmunk) getting approval to send your SCT Tuner to SCT for repair, and then wait 3-4 weeks to get it back.... OOPS!!!

Or we can trade cars and I'll deal with SCT!!!!!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

I just got a guy to give me what to do. I'll try it on Monday when I get down to the car.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBrick Bob

All I know from experience with my GM SCT tuner is that when it crapped out... I had a really sick feeling.  Fortunately I was just logging data and not tuning.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

the problem was the android app updated automatically to a version newer than my TSX device making it non-compatible. I'm at the shop now upgrading the code on the TSX and then trying my new tune from Torrie, hopefully today will be a great day and I'll not have any more issues with throttle closing
www.ecopowerparts.com -