• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Service advisor isn't too bright

Started by donky4444, September 26, 2013, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

So I have my car in for some cosmetic warranty work and I am working with a new SA.  They are replacing the cup holder lid that is to the right of the T Bar as well as the tail lights (chrome flaking off) and the drivers seat cushion cover (the side by the power seat controls are ripped).  I dropped it off Monday after they said all the parts were in.  They fixed the seat and tail lights but then called to say they ordered the wrong part for the cup holder.  I was told they would have the correct part Tuesday and to drop it back off.  I needed my car to take my boy to daycare in the morning, he should have provided me with a loaner but didn't want to do that.  After I dropped it off Tuesday he called me around lunch to tell me they ordered the correct part but in the wrong color.  I went and got my car again and he said he would come pick it up from me at work on Wednesday to replace the part when the correct one came in again.  Wednesday he called to tell me they got the wrong part, again, so he he wouldn't be coming to get my car.  Now he is supposed to have the correct part and come get the car today.  I'm guessing he will get the wrong part again.  To make matters even worse is when the car porter brought my car to the service drive Tuesday he decided he should wash it for me.  I was pissed.  I spent all day Saturday detailing it and only drove it 20 miles since then in only dry weather.  Why he would wash a very clean car puzzles me.  Now I had to rewash it since they run it through an automated car wash which didn't dry it completely and it sat in the parking lot at work the rest of the day leaving water spots all over it.  I also noticed that the chrome strip that runs across the truck lid is not stick flat on the taillight parts on the truck lid like they were before I dropped it off.  I think they just need some two sided tape between it and the taillights.  I already brought it up to him when I picked it up Monday so he knows they need to fix it.

When I first brought the car in my normal SA that normally works on my wife's Lincoln MKX was at lunch.  The new guy tried telling me that my warranty starts the day the car is produced and goes for 3/36,000 from then.  Stating that if the car is a year old when it is bought then it is only covered for 2 more years.  I know that is a lie because I already have the in service date for it.  I had asked him what the mileage cut off was since I am at 35,000 miles and my in service date is 04/30/11.  Now I am coming from owning a GM and I know that when a new car is sold the dealership completes a RD108 form that lists the sale day and mileage on the car and that the warranty runs 3/36,000 from that point.  Is this also true for Ford and if so how do I find out what the mileage cutoff is for my car?

This is a very long post but I had to share since it is the worst service experience I have had with a dealership.  I'm sure that once my car is fixed I will be contacting the GM of the dealership to let him know how bad my experience was.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

DJE624

Dang!  What an idiot.  BTW, every time I bring my car in I tell them, "NO WASH!". >:D

SHOdded

In service date is when the warranty has always started for me.  Wouldn't make sense that the clock would be running for the days/weeks/months before the car was put into service.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TSS

Yes, it starts from the in service date.   And...I too always tell them no wash and dont check the tire pressure.....  saves correcting their mess ups on both accounts.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

SoCalSHO

"After I dropped it off Tuesday he called me around lunch to tell me they ordered the correct part but in the wrong color."

The SHO lid only comes in one cover, CF. The guy probably doesn't even know what an SHO is.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

The Bone

I your S/A is out for lunch it would appear that his replacement is also out to lunch LOL.
If you got your car than all the information is in the owners package that is in the glove box.
Warrenty starts on the day you drive it off the lot for the first time. Bumper to bumper is 36,000 miles bt the powertrain is longer just not sure of exact miles.
12 SHO

EcoBrick Bob

My motor warranty started the day they installed the new long block... 3 years unlimited miles....
It ended last FRI... at the strip!

(When I tuned it for the first time since my screw-up!)
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.