• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Explorer Sport with H&R's installed

Started by arttyszka, September 27, 2013, 06:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

arttyszka

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on October 13, 2013, 08:32:58 PM
Thx.
Looks like the flex springs are .4 inches taller(flex=1.2 vs sport=1.6) in the front. So the flex springs won't lower the truck as much, which I also like....
Quick question, since you have been driving with the flex springs....
How do you like them?
Performance and comfort compared to stock?

Thanks
I'm very happy with them.  No rubbing or bottoming even on BIG bumps.  It now feels like my wife's Q5, it handles every bit as good as our Audi and has the same ride, not too harsh at all, but definitely performance, which is what I wanted. I haven't seen anyone with the Explorer-specific H&R's yet, but to me another .6" sounds like it would be too low.   
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's

bigmoneycloser

Funny thing, I called H&R directly today, and they actually told me the springs are the same size and the difference in drop height was related to the vehicles not the actual spring.....
Does that sound right?
Also are you running stock wheels?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

arttyszka

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on October 14, 2013, 08:59:05 PM
Funny thing, I called H&R directly today, and they actually told me the springs are the same size and the difference in drop height was related to the vehicles not the actual spring.....
Does that sound right?
Also are you running stock wheels?
That doesn't surprise me, someone else on the forum actually suggested that might be the case.  And yes, I have the stock wheels.
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's

bigmoneycloser

I really want to lower my truck. But I think my original hasty decision on the 24" wheels( which are BadAss) even tho it will look great... I think the combo of the 24's and the lowering, will really kill my ride and make it really rough...
Looking back I should have gone with 22's and then lowered it...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

DJE624

I'm not sure if Eibachs would work for you.  On the SHO, they don't have as much drop and may have a smoother ride. 

bigmoneycloser

I will check it out.. I will have to call them cause their site doesn't list any available parts for xsport...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A