• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Considering Raybestos rotors

Started by thatsmrgimp2u, October 17, 2013, 12:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatsmrgimp2u

Has anyone here had any experience with them on there vehicles? I usually pick up the centric premium ones but they are 20 bucks more each. These appear to have the same painted finish on the surfaces.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

05yellowgt

I used Raybestos rotors when I did the brakes on my Flex.  They worked great.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

whitltng

who makes dimpled and slotted rotors for the sho

thatsmrgimp2u

Power stop does. I have many skepticisms on reducing contact area with cars this big. If I did anything other than a blank it would be a slotted rotor. I just can't justify the cost difference.

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

bpd1151

EBC, Power Slot, & Stop Tech each produce slotted & dimpled rotors.

My own personal conversation with EBC reps, was that a set of slotted & dimpled rotors were "overkill" and essentially usable really only for track purposes exclusively.

Even given the curb weight of our vehicles.

I was told that A slotted only rotor is the best application for both DD use, as well as some track time.

Therefore, I heeded their suggestions, and that's what I have to this day (slotted only).

"Sent while on the road, burn'n meth, screeching tires, winding out the gears, & push'n the twins"

thatsmrgimp2u

How long have you had the slotted rotors? Have you experienced accelerated pad wear? And what kind did you get?

12.91@107

bpd1151

I've had my slotted set up paired with the EBC "Yellow Stuff" Performance Pads for almost 1yr now.

No indication of premature wear, and this set up has actually performed better than I expected.