• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded Turbos: Expected Gains

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, September 13, 2013, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Not without some type of lift pump upgrade which I'm working on, new word is a few weeks out still for the pump with returnless electronic FPR and wiring harness.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob

In  running around  70% Methanol and with my KB Boost-A-Pump with Torrie's modded tunes and 93 E-10,  I saw FRP drop as low as 850.  We backed off some and attempted to keep FRP above 1,200 psi and Lambda no higher than .82 on both banks. I'm sure that if I had been running 100% methanol that I would have been able to get more out of my Flex with the same goals above, but at 70%, we had maxed the fuel capabilities of my system in Torrie's opinion. Generally, it appears to me that a Flex is about .5 seconds slower than a SHO with the same mods.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 13, 2013, 03:17:34 PM
In  running around  70% Methanol and with my KB Boost-A-Pump with Torrie's modded tunes and 93 E-10,  I saw FRP drop as low as 850.  We backed off some and attempted to keep FRP above 1,200 psi and Lambda no higher than .82 on both banks. I'm sure that if I had been running 100% methanol that I would have been able to get more out of my Flex with the same goals above, but at 70%, we had maxed the fuel capabilities of my system in Torrie's opinion. Generally, it appears to me that a Flex is about .5 seconds slower than a SHO with the same mods.
Just so you guys understand Bob is saying he was spraying meth, not mixing 70% E85 with E10 in his gas tank :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Josephm

lol When i first read that, i thought man that would be one expensive tank of fuel. 70% of 18 gallons or w/e size the tank is, in meth would be expensive. But he was spraying 70% meth with 30% distilled water, correct?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoBrick Bob

I actually was spraying Boost Juice (49% methanol) plus extra methanol mixed in. It is available from Summit Racing in 4 gal packages.  50% or greater concentrations of Methanol are considered flammable so can't be shipped as easily. Was using a #10 nozzle (10 gal per hr at 100 psi) using a 250 max psi pump and a simple on/off switch that is boost activated - 7-8 psi.

Still trying to decide if I will re-install my Methanol Spray system.  If so, I plan on using 100% Methanol so I can be consistent in my tuning needs. The low point in FRP seems to always be at  the top of 2nd gear, which is also when my boost reaches it's max.

I am able to buy 100% methanol at Cedar Falls Raceway for $3.00 a gallon.  They have it in a bulk tank and pump it out just like gasoline.  Unfortunately I have no area sources for 100 octane unleaded gas.  Waiting for a reasonably priced LPFP option.  Dreaming about a reasonably priced HPFP..... and Ford deciding to do what is necessary to make this  EB engine a Flex-Fuel vehicle.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

StrawHatShinobi

I installed the Walboro 450 in my truck to run E85 in it, it isn't exactly a plug and play system but with a little soldering and heat shrink it worked out pretty well.  I actually tested the heat shrink in gas for 5 days to see how it would hold up being submersed in gas and I was surprised how well it did, no noticeable signs of decay.  I've been running a 12 gallon e85/to xxx91 mix, usually with the truck down to about a 1/8 tank. And 100% meth running through my pump with no issues as of yet.  I think I may need a BAP though since it seems the stock system can't maintain the volts commanded. 
BTW for those of you wondering I sent my stock pump to DW for testing, was flowing 290lph at 40psi
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's