• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Explorer Sport with H&R's installed

Started by arttyszka, September 27, 2013, 06:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arttyszka

Since there aren't too many pics out there of what the SPort looks like with the H&R's, here you go.  The ride feels about the same, handling seems improved slightly, and it LOOKS like it should from Ford.  The ride and handling now feels about the same as my wife's Audi Q5.  God I love this vehicle.
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's

arttyszka

Thanks!  And I should mention, these are the Flex springs, not the new Sport-specific ones.  The drop on the Sport springs sounded like too much to me.
2014 Explorer Sport

bigmoneycloser

Do you think you could run the HRs with a set of 24 in wheels and 255/30/24 tires? Without having issues like tires rubbing or suspension being rough due to less travel and less tire sidewall?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BlueSHO

Looks good. How many inches front and rear was the drop?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

arttyszka

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on September 27, 2013, 08:08:28 PM
Do you think you could run the HRs with a set of 24 in wheels and 255/30/24 tires? Without having issues like tires rubbing or suspension being rough due to less travel and less tire sidewall?
No idea, what's the overall height of that wheel and tire combo?  Compare it to the stocker's height and see, there's a little more room there, but much lower and I think there'd be rubbing issues.
2014 Explorer Sport

arttyszka

Quote from: JeffsSport on September 27, 2013, 10:05:58 PM
Looks good. How many inches front and rear was the drop?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
I didn't take a before and after measurement, but could take an after if it'd help you.  I saw a pic over on the Explorer forum but it was of a Limited with different wheels and I seem to remember he measured a 2" drop.  H&R has the dimensions on their site.
2014 Explorer Sport

CooperS7777

Looks great!  I cant wait to get home and get ours installed. 

Are these the Flex springs or the Sport Specific springs H&R is now offering?
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR
2006 TBSS "The Van" - Blown 416 LS3
A slew of other boring toys

EcoBrick Bob

Looks great! Now if Ford would only build it with the neutral interior...
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

arttyszka

Bob, I went with the all black interior and I think it looks great.  If I had gone with the White, the two tone seats looks good, I didn't like it with the black.
2014 Explorer Sport

EcoBrick Bob

I have seen a red one with 2 tone seats.  Our daughter picked up their new Black LTD with the neutral interior Wed.  I like it even better than my 2010 Flex neutral interior as the dash and contrasting areas are almost black vs mine which is more a dark greyish color.  I think they would have gotten the EB engine but didn't want the black interior. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

hindi1973

Does anyone by any chance have the stock alignment specs for the explorer sport? The dealership is far away from me and the nearest shop doesnt have it , And i really wana do this mod but ill need the specs to pass it to the shop.

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: arttyszka on September 27, 2013, 06:43:54 PM
Since there aren't too many pics out there of what the SPort looks like with the H&R's, here you go.  The ride feels about the same, handling seems improved slightly, and it LOOKS like it should from Ford.  The ride and handling now feels about the same as my wife's Audi Q5.  God I love this vehicle.

Can you tell me what the part number was you purchased?
I would like to see what the drop is?
These are H&R, correct?
Thx
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

arttyszka

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on October 13, 2013, 10:15:39 AM

Quote from: arttyszka on September 27, 2013, 06:43:54 PM

Can you tell me what the part number was you purchased?
I would like to see what the drop is?
These are H&R, correct?
Thx
They are H&R Flex springs. Check the H&R website for numbers, sorry that I don't have the part number anymore.
2014 Explorer Sport

bigmoneycloser

Thx.
Looks like the flex springs are .4 inches taller(flex=1.2 vs sport=1.6) in the front. So the flex springs won't lower the truck as much, which I also like....
Quick question, since you have been driving with the flex springs....
How do you like them?
Performance and comfort compared to stock?

Thanks
2014 Explorer Sport 401A