• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

One gauge to rule them all

Started by mbehna, September 21, 2013, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbehna

I just saw this for those who want gauges... One gauge to rule them all

http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/69A3190A0A0.aspx
2014 SHO
2001 Mustang GT

crash712us

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

n8rfastback

Weak.  Check out the aeroforce guages, they even boot up with a ford or custom load screen logo....

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html
2010 SHO

bpd1151

The problem I see with an all-in-one type of gauge (as is the one in the link posted in the OP's opening thread) is that an end user would have to manually toggle through each (and every) option available.

Sometimes, while on the fly.

Not my cup of tea by any means, but thanks for posting the info! :ok:

I'd personally rather have the set up that I currently have, as there's nothing for me to manually fumble through.

I'm in my car, car's running, and whether on the track, or up for a spirited run on normal streets/highways, all I gotta do is take a quick glance at all of my gauges, and I'll know where I'm at, with w/e gauge I'm scoping at that time.

Easy peasy stuff maynard.  O0

SHODYOU

I've thought about em a few times through the years, but my main issue is the fact its getting data from the obd port and not direct.

I'm more comfortable getting the signals like boost, fuel pressure, etc right from the source.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

mjhpadi

I agree with bpd on this one, one gauge isn't the way I would go, I prefer being able to look at the gauge and know what it's telling me. I don't think I'd like the idea of scrolling through a bunch of stuff to get to whatever I'm looking for. 
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

I would prefer to see more than one readout at a time.  I use Torque.  I have it set up with two large gauges on each screen.  Primary screen has AFR and intake temp.  I can just swipe my finger up or down to see the others.  And, the install is a snap!

mval

I agree 1 gauge & scrolling wouldn't work. But maybe getting 3 of them might do the job. The problem I have with my EVO;s is glare. Maybe these digitals solve it, but after a lot of thinking the glare seems to be generated by light hitting the console & reflecting upward. I just wish someone like chris who made the beaut of a dash mount gauge pod would come up with an A pillar like Mike's that allow 2 more gauges but match the interior the way his does. I know Storm got one done but without matching the interior I'm holding off.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

n8rfastback

The aeroforce gauges will show two parameters at a time, and can run in tandem,so you could have two gauges and see 4 things all the time. Or run a couple scan gauges and a couple analog ones together and see like 6 parameters with 4 gauges
2010 SHO

jimmyducati

I would warn anyone considering an aeroforce gauge... They have NO customer service to speak of and very questionable build quality. Had one on my F350 for a bit, The gauge would turn off at random and not turn back on until the truck sat for a few hours. Sent it back to the manufacturer and they sent me the same gauge back bouncing around in a generic box still broken. They have no phone number to call, they dont return emails and when they do, they act as if you are bothering them. Really sucks because the Aeroforce gauge does awesome stuff, when it works... 
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

n8rfastback

2010 SHO

Darkside

I've had Aeroforce in numerous cars and never had a problem with them.  The owner/designer lives on the other side of town as well, really nice guy.  I'm surprised that you couldn't get it resolved.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

jimmyducati

I'm sure he is, but from the total lack of concern or dedication to customers I experienced, I will never go back.. Sucks, cause I would really like to have a tandom gauge setup in my sho, just refuse to risk 600 bucks on them.
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead