• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

intake to be or not to be

Started by hindi1973, September 27, 2013, 12:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

74d34h

So Thursday I pick up my 2015 Explorer sport, and turn over my 2013 SHO. Livernois is going to transfer the tuner for me, but now I'm pulling my AirRaid CAI putting the stock air box back in the SHO. Am I understanding it right, that the SHO Airraid will work in the Explorer Sport? That would be awesome.
2013 SHO

ZSHO

The description and pictures look the same but the part # are different,hopefull it fits but the only issue is that the box is so close to the battery,good luck and enjoy the new ride.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

74d34h

Thanks I saw that. I'll just sell the CAI. I did find a brand new K&N panel for the SHO in my parts box before I went with AirRaid and K&N site lists the same p/n so I will go with that and the tune!

Quote from: ZSHO on October 18, 2014, 06:39:03 PM
The description and pictures look the same but the part # are different,hopefull it fits but the only issue is that the box is so close to the battery,good luck and enjoy the new ride.
2013 SHO

SHOdded

Good luck with the '15 X!  Be sure to fill us in on your experiences with it.  Some timeslips before/after the tune would be cool too!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TTSport15

I put a typhoon k n intake from a 13 sho in my 15 xsport  2day and it works perfect been driving it like I stole it all day 6 degrees out and windows down in sport mode listening to turbos spool...So that airaid from ur sho will bolt right up..^^
I Bleed BLue

crash712us

Enjoy it while its cold out. Come summer the heat soak will spoil all your fun.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

TTSport15

I Bleed BLue

MDesign Performance

Quote from: crash712us on January 11, 2015, 11:22:29 AM
Enjoy it while its cold out. Come summer the heat soak will spoil all your fun.

This would fix that  ;)
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance