• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

catchcan

Started by hindi1973, September 26, 2013, 07:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

I clean my intake out at least once a day. With good old meth washing.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

hindi1973

exactly you guys are running meth , some like me are not , And no one yet produced a tune for meth like livernoise for our explorer even if someone was thinking to clean their intake once a day hehehehe :) But eventually companies will make it happen but at the time being we need a solution.

First-SHO

Found this on eBay and picked one up, debating on what to do with the rear.  May cap off where I had the front filter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111041740202?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Mike

Previous owner of the -
FASTEST 2011 Ford Taurus SHO on record @ 11.9519 115 mph
Silver/Black LOADED, Ford Lockpick, Forgestar F14"s 20x9.5 with Nitto Invo's, TCE Wilwood Front Big Brake Kit, Airaid CAI, Corsa Cat back, Livernois Down Pipes, Livernois Tune's, Megan Coilovers, Traction bar setup, Torrie - 170 F Thermo & Radiator, L&M Airflow Throttle Body "Only one made and I have it", Alkycontrol Meth Injection, Upgraded Tial Turbo's, 2013 Trans and Oil Cooler, LED's on always

SHOdded

Nice looking unit, Mike.  Any instructions on how to wash it?  A kit like K&N's?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

First-SHO

The unit looks to have a check ball type system the may not get a lot of oil in the filter.  I will see how it goes and update you guys.  With this much venting, I don't think we will need to use the small K&N filter on the front tube delete area that we have been doing, so I may cap that right off.

I did just purchase a catch can for the rear and will be able to keep all oil out of the intake.  That will keep things cleaner and improve my meth cleanliness. 
Mike

Previous owner of the -
Silver/Black LOADED, Ford Lockpick, Forgestar F14"s 20x9.5 with Nitto Invo's, TCE Wilwood Front Big Brake Kit, Airaid CAI, Corsa Cat back, Livernois Down Pipes, Livernois Tune's, Megan Coilovers, Traction bar setup, Torrie - 170 F Thermo & Radiator, L&M Airflow Throttle Body "Only one made and I have it", Alkycontrol Meth Injection, Upgraded Tial Turbo's, 2013 Trans and Oil Cooler, LED's on always

First-SHO

Attached are the pics of the cap top and bottom.

Bottom

Top, the filter goes over top

Assembled

Mike

Previous owner of the -

crash712us

Looks cool Mike, yeah let us know if it get oil soaked. I have had the rear breather assembly off before, but a long time ago. But I am pretty sure it sat on round rubber grommet on valve cover.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoBrick Bob

One of the guys over on GRRRR8.NET is making these for G8's, using stock oil cap and those small breathers + using a mesh filter inserted in the bottom.  I have that item # so am going to attempt to make one for my Flex.  Am guessing I can do it for under $30.  If it works out will post a how to....
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

First-SHO

Catchcan installed!

Mike

Previous owner of the -

bpd1151

Looks pretty decent Mike..... :ok:

Report back your usage / findings as time passes by.  :band:

crash712us

Looks cool Mike! It looks like your using the catch can in conjunction with the factory breather?

First-SHO

Catch can on the rear and breather in the front.  NO oil going back to the intake!
Mike

Previous owner of the -

SHOdded

Quote from: First-SHO on October 13, 2013, 08:48:16 PM
Catch can on the rear and breather in the front.  NO oil going back to the intake!

Very nice!  Please continue to update us long term as to cleanliness/effectiveness of this system.  TIA.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHODYOU

I just ordered this breather cap as well... now wanting to put a small breather on front valve cover like one pictured by mike.

What filter is that Mike? Was it a direct fit or require some effort on your part?
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

First-SHO

It is a K&N 62-1340 breather and fits perfect, no mod needed.
Mike

Previous owner of the -