• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

explorer sport bov

Started by hindi1973, September 26, 2013, 01:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Stinchcomb

I sea most of these post are year or two old, so thoses that did this back then, did you stay the course or go back to stock??
Other then the "Buzz-Factor" did you sea any gains in performance or fyel mileage??

Excuse all the nebie questions but we just got a '15 Sport and I'm really diggin' this SUV, but it's really the wifes DD🙁

Rockstar04

This is a cool factor only mod, you wont see any performance gains. I did this to my 2016 about 3 months ago, my wife drives it to work (40 miles) every day and I drive it when ever I can on the weekends and we still love it. She had a 2000 Bonneville with supercharged 3800 (cold air intake and smaller pulley), so this is still much quieter than the wine of a supercharger.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

Randy Stinchcomb

Ok, thanks for the Positive feed-back, now to find sum Silicone caps

Rockstar04

I used a PVC Plug, and left the hose attached to the intake side. I was thinking it would make it easier to hook them back up if I ever need to take it in for warranty work.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

Randy Stinchcomb

glock-coma

Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on October 18, 2016, 11:16:53 AM
I have a couple of the reddish/orange ones you can have,
I'll even cover shipping. Pm me your address.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

I ordered some silicone caps a few years back which are great for high heat applications.Pic's below.  Z     http://www.mcmaster.com/#silicone-caps/=14ngptx   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Randy Stinchcomb

Quote from: glock-coma on October 18, 2016, 11:42:22 AM
Quote from: Randy Stinr jchcomb on October 18, 2016, 11:16:53 AM
I have a couple of the reddish/orange ones you can have,
I'll even cover shipping. Pm me your address.

Thank You