• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Battery Shot

Started by guzzi svt, September 04, 2013, 02:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoBrick Bob

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

donky4444

I have only had my car about 1.5 months and I've had to jump it 3 times.  All of them at home when I am moving it out of the garage and washing it so it is a couple of very short run times.  She turns over slowly.  I have another 500 miles or so left on my factory warranty so maybe it's time to get it tested and have the dealership replace it before the warranty ends.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

ROCOB

I have owned my 2011 since June and the battery just failed this past weekend.  I took it to my local Ford dealer Monday and it was replaced under warranty.  Ironically the 3/36K expires within 2 weeks. 
2013 402A PP
White Platinum Metallic
K&N Flat Panel Filter, otherwise stock

bpd1151

Y'all have to keep in mind, that are cars are burdened with a crap load of electronics.

It should also be stated, and why they did this is beyond me (except for maybe to please the penny pinchers) but FMC supplied at least the SHO's with a "medium duty" rated battery.

Which on average, generally only last 3yrs.

Given the amount of electronics once again, it's no wonder most '10/'11 owners are experiencing these failures at this point in time.

"Sent while on the road, burn'n meth, screeching tires, winding out the gears, & push'n the twins"

donky4444

The dealership tested my battery yesterday and replaced it under warranty.  No questions asked and no fight.  I'm glad they took care of it before winter fully hits.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights