• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fusion 2.0 EB - FWD or AWD

Started by melc, September 25, 2013, 01:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melc

Will be getting a Fusion 2.0 EB sometime next year and I can't decide if I should go for the FWD or AWD. In stock form I think FWD is better but as mods come out for the platform (Tunes, down pipes, meth kits, bigger turbos, etc.) I am thinking there will be some traction issues. I hear a lot of issues with the Focus ST getting power to the ground with just the tune.

The other question is how robust is the AWD system in the Fusion? I'm not sure if it's as proven a system as the Haldex in the SHO?
2011 Black SHO PP
Livernois and Unleashed 91 octane tunes
Unleashed W/M system
Auxiliary trans cooler
AirAid CAI Eiback Springs LED lamps inside

05yellowgt

I drove both FWD and AWD Fusions with the 2.0 EB motor and found the AWD to feel quite sluggish, I'm sure due to the extra weight.  With a few simple mods, that feeling can be eliminated I'm sure.  I've not seen a lot on the AWD system of the Fusion, but I believe it is closely related to the design used on the Taurus/Flex/Explorer.  What that means in terms of durability is an unknown, at least to me.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

QwikSHO

they don't call it wrong-wheel drive for nothing.

DJE624

If I could do the AWD, I wouldn't even think about the FWD.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: DJE624 on September 25, 2013, 08:57:55 PM
If I could do the AWD, I wouldn't even think about the FWD.

Being able to punch it off the line without attracting attention from law enforcement is well worth it!

DJE624

If it would have AWD and a tune like the ST, that would kick butt!

Fordman77

I have a fwd ecoboost and have traction issues get the AWD. Now full race is doing a front wheel drive to all wheel drive conversion that may be offered but would be very expensive to convert.
-Fswerks (Randy) 93 oct. tune, -OCD Speed 3" downpipe,
-straightline performance 3" cbe, -levels performance 2.5" hot side charge pipe,- straightline performance 3" turbo inlet pipe, -steeda air box replacement -ATP FMIC upgrade
-Eibach sport springs -steeda sway bar-snow performance water meth kit

melc

Quote from: Fordman77 on October 22, 2013, 12:22:54 AM
-Livernois 93oct. Tune
-OCD Speed 3" downpipe,
-ATP FMIC upgrade
-FSwerks 3" turbo inlet pipe

Fordman77,

I see you're using a FSwerks 3" turbo inlet pipe. Why did you go with the OCD Speed downpipes instead of the FSWerks (or ATP for that matter)?

2011 Black SHO PP
Livernois and Unleashed 91 octane tunes
Unleashed W/M system
Auxiliary trans cooler
AirAid CAI Eiback Springs LED lamps inside

FoMoCoSHO

FSWERKS is a great company.

They did fantastic work on the duratec 2.0 and 2.3

Fordman77

Quote from: melc on October 22, 2013, 12:16:37 PM
Quote from: Fordman77 on October 22, 2013, 12:22:54 AM
-Livernois 93oct. Tune
-OCD Speed 3" downpipe,
-ATP FMIC upgrade
-FSwerks 3" turbo inlet pipe

Fordman77,

I see you're using a FSwerks 3" turbo inlet pipe. Why did you go with the OCD Speed downpipes instead of the FSWerks (or ATP for that matter)?

I really wanted a catted downpipe and OCD had the least expensive that would not trip any check engine lights. I do think both fswerks and atp are amazing companies and great to have on board but ocd just fit what I wanted for the cheapest price.
-Fswerks (Randy) 93 oct. tune, -OCD Speed 3" downpipe,
-straightline performance 3" cbe, -levels performance 2.5" hot side charge pipe,- straightline performance 3" turbo inlet pipe, -steeda air box replacement -ATP FMIC upgrade
-Eibach sport springs -steeda sway bar-snow performance water meth kit