• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dyno on ATP ugpraded turbo for transverse V6

Started by EcoPowerParts, September 25, 2013, 12:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 25, 2013, 11:50:41 AM
Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on September 25, 2013, 11:48:31 AM
Is there going to be any chance of running the ATP turbos on 91 octane without methanol? Do they also require an auxiliary fuel system upgrade?
Sure you'll just be limited to the amount of boost you can run.
So you would hit the same HP via methanol or larger turbos as the fuel starts to run out on the OEM fuel system?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

EcoPowerParts

Meth = fuel, more fuel = more power. You can also run additional timing on meth so it's a win/win scenario.
Eventually you'll run out of fuel though that's a matter of debate between the Livernois guys and everyone else. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

05yellowgt

There are really two ways that Meth injection can be used.  It can be used as: A) purely as a tool to reduce the air charge temperature, or B) it can be used as an air charge reduce AND a fuel supplement.  Both result in higher power numbers than without the Meth injection.  If it is used as method B, then there can be some danger if something happens to the Methanol injection system (run out of meth, pump fails, etc).

If it were me preparing for upgrades and increases of power, I would go with the upgraded turbos now, run them within the limits of the OEM fuel system and then upgrade the OEM fuel system and take advantage of the larger capability turbos.

Since you are talking about 91 octane, that might change the picture a little bit as the Meth can be used in Method A, to allow more power to be made than what 91 alone can support.  I hope to go down the E85 path, if that can ever be done with the DI fuel system only.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

SRT82ECOBOOST

I wish I had something to add to all of this, but unfortunately I am more of a questions guy at this point of the game. Just for the sake of discussion, if someone had all the supporting mods available from intake to exhaust with appropriate tuning, what do you guess could be wrung out with the ATP turbos on the stock fuel system for HP/TQ numbers? Will meth injection get you to the same place?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

EcoPowerParts

Well based off Darrelli making 430ish HP on upgraded compressor wheels with stock fueling and meth I'd say on 91 probably around 380ish. Remember I was just on 2.5" catted downpipes and stock exhaust minus 3rd cat. A simple air filter upgrade would suffice.
So
Turbos $2200
Downpipes $600-$850 depending on catted or catless
Air Filter $50
Tuning and Tuner $500ish
That would put you solidly in the low 12's with little effort.
Add some meth and the power would be there for 11's.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Needmoreboost

Let's not forget the 2 to 3 grand labor to install those pieces.  Maybe more...

How much do you have in the E85 auxilliary fuel system with everything, Mike?
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

Josephm

Man i cant wait for a drop in hpfp that can flow enough for these turbo's without having to run any AUX fueling and handle E85. Hopefully we are only a year or two out as the DISI 2.3 in the mazda took a bit to get a HPFP

EDIT as i am sure we will start running into injector flow issues once that has happened? i am surprised the injectors have kept up so far.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

MrCockroach

I know this thread is a little old but I was still hoping to get some info.

Lets say my goal was to hit 400awhp with a Ford Flex while running only 91/93 octane pump gas. Would that be doable?

Other then upgrading the turbos, exhaust, intake, what else would I need? Will I need to upgrade the fuel system? How would I go about doing this when the stock EcoBoost motor uses a mechanical fuel pump?

If there is a way to upgrade the fuel system, and lets say I do it, what would be the maximum I could now aim for on 91/93 octane?

I'm looking at picking up a Ford Flex EcoBoost and was trying to set aside a budget on mods after I buy it (Budget for vehicle is $30k CAD used, current budget for mod is $5k-$7k CAD, or roughly $5600 USD)

SHOdded

You could get up to 350-360 awhp easily with tune + 93 octane + downpipes + T-stat.  Then add methanol injection and/or the upgraded turbos to get to 400 awhp or beyond.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,808
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I agree with basically with all the above mentioned but to a certain degree cause unfortunetly sometimes the labor will exceed the actual costs of just the products alone and then some,personaly would contact Mike.B at info@ecopowerparts.com and with his knowledge in the flex field,he will definetly SHO you the right way to go and get the most bang for your buck,and best of luck to you. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|