• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Getting water in the passengers floor

Started by guzzi svt, September 10, 2013, 12:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guzzi svt

I have taken my car to a pull though car wash two times and both times I had a large amount of water, about a cup, in the front passengers floor. I took a look behind the glove box and it shows signs of coming from the HVAC fan area. I took off the windshield wiper area cover and the fan intake area cover. The two rubber drains, one on either side of the car, were full of debris and the fan screen had wet debris on it. This tells me the water is getting in through this opening, though I'm not sure how.

The one thing this car wash has that other don't is a hard under-carriage spray.

Is there any drain of this area that might be getting water blown up from the bottom of the car into the air box or fan area? Of course the evaporator area has a drain so it might be that, I just haven't gotten under the car to check.

Also the panel under the HVAC area couldn't be remove because of the large tube looking thing at the back (front of the car) left corner, anyone know what this is for and how you disconnect it?

Thanks!
2010 SHO w/PP
H&R
AR Torque Thrust

DJE624

There is a TSB for a rain hat.  I had to get one put on my Limted.

guzzi svt

Do you know the TSB #? My guy is not aware of it.
2010 SHO w/PP
H&R
AR Torque Thrust

DJE624

No, I'm sorry I do not.  It was a couple years ago.  I think I originally heard about it at   http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

I don't think so.  It was for 10-12.  I remember that they did have to use some sealant on it because you could smell it when they were done.  My best guess is that they install this "hat" that diverts water away from seeping into the passenger area and then run a bead of sealant around it.  It should come up if dealer does search.  My dealer found it pretty easy and he was a terrible dealer.

ONLYA6

Same issue with first gen Focus. Sounds like water it seeping past the cowl cover and getting in the cowl duct for the blower fan. Doesn't happen during normal rainfall down the windshield but if there's enough pouring down the windshield that gets under the cowl cover it will splash into the duct. I had to make my own "hat" to cover the duct in my SVT Focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq