• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

tire sensor light on after tire rotation

Started by akhowell, October 01, 2013, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I checked my spare today.  It was at 40psi.  I pumped it up to 60.  The warning still came on.  Maybe it will go off when I have the car running longer.  I wanted to disconnect the battery but, my sockets are buried and I will have to dig them out tomorrow. 

I think I heard somewhere that the notification is supposed to come on if a tire becomes less than 80% of spec. 

EcoBrick Bob

When I lowered my front's to drag race, the TPMS light came on immediately..  Went  off immediately when I pumped them up!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

akhowell

ok final update got back home over the weekend and checked the tires with my good guage and found the tires were indeed low not bad except for one was 5-6 low. aired all up to 35 and no more problem. asked wife what guage she used (thinking she had used mine) and she used one of those gas station ones (crap). so all is good no more problems

DJE624

Cool!  So one was about 15-20% low.  My dang light is still on.  It's been off and on since I bought it in May.  I thought dropping them down at the track and filling them back up might do it.  Didn't.

SHOdded

Maybe overinflating the tires by 5-6 psi one by one (just to see if the TPMS quiets down) might work, Dave?  Assuming it is a sensitivity related problem and not an outright defect.  You know for a fact that all 4/5 sensors are the same type?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

When I refilled at the track, I pumped them up to 40 then brought them back down to 36.  They should all be original.  The car did a lot of sitting around for a year and a half (200 mi.).