• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Focus ST tuning

Started by Needmoreboost, September 18, 2013, 10:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needmoreboost

I saw Torrie posted a 91 octane tune dyno on FB.  Car was pulling 250/350 with just a tune.  Wow.  That car would get up and go with 350 foot pounds at the wheels.  LOL
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

Wild13SHO

According to one of the posts on his facebook page the one tuned Focus ST is running a 13.8 but at 103.  I bet they have some serious traction issues with a FWD, that much torque and the manual trans. 
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

Needmoreboost

Quote from: Wild13SHO on September 18, 2013, 09:57:15 PM
According to one of the posts on his facebook page the one tuned Focus ST is running a 13.8 but at 103.  I bet they have some serious traction issues with a FWD, that much torque and the manual trans.

That's the downside to the front drive cars.  There is one with upgraded turbo running 12.80's and 115 mph.  Obviously traction being an issue off start.  I came from a conservatively rated 360/370 whp (dynoed on 93 degree day) Caliber srt4 and it was a handful.  On colder days it would spin in 3rd 70-80 mph.  It was a ton of fun to drive and scare your passengers silly, but not having a car you can actually hook up got old on the street.  From a 60-120 mph it was a monster for what it was though.  It only weighed 3103 pounds with half a tank of fuel. 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

jomc111

high hp fwd gets very old very quick in my opinion, takes a lot of skill or a lot of nannies set up to try and put the power down at lower speeds. just as needsmoreboost said burnouts at 70mph is fun as hell but not being able to hook sucks
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: jomc111 on September 19, 2013, 08:17:09 AM
high hp fwd gets very old very quick in my opinion, takes a lot of skill or a lot of nannies set up to try and put the power down at lower speeds. just as needsmoreboost said burnouts at 70mph is fun as hell but not being able to hook sucks

Yup, I walked in to test drive an ST, walked out with a SHO.

Leigh89

I just traded in my 13 ST for a SHO. I was tuned, catless down pipe, intercooler and cai upgrades and loved it.....until I found out what little hp I was getting after all of that money. I didn't feel like the money it would take to get a bigger turbo, meth and a few other things to get over 300 hp was worth my time or money so I got the SHO. I got a 14 and tuned it 2 days later and am VERY happy with how much more hp I got out of the tune. My kids appreciate the extra room in the back seat also.

builes13

Can you post your file . That i tuned your car